Thread: Rockler to carry Sawstop?

Rockler to carry Sawstop?

Not sure if this is old news, but I was perusing Rockler's website (great way to empty the wallet) when a banner popped up announcing Sawstop is now available at Rockler. However, the banner specifically mentions the ICS while picturing the PCS. Hmmm...

Anyways, just passing it along. Just another option if you're planning on going the SS route.

http://www.rockler.com/SawStop.cfm

It's on their flyer. Woodcraft has the same thing.

I was in the Rockler in Indianapolis over the weekend and they had a SawStop in the store. Didn't look at it real close since I'm not in the market for one.
    Tony

If at first you don't succeed,
    you shouldn't try skydiving.

news to me. I looked there last fall and they didn't carry it. guy didn't have a perspective as to why. ended up buying CS version at woodcraft.

Yeah they were just setting a SS up at my closest Rockler in Portland, Maine last time I was in a couple weeks ago. Unfortunatly I find that Rockler prices are little above most therefore never buy power tools and especially lumber from these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Shea View Post
    Yeah they were just setting a SS up at my closest Rockler in Portland, Maine last time I was in a couple weeks ago. Unfortunatly I find that Rockler prices are little above most therefore never buy power tools and especially lumber from these guys.
    Sawstop fixes their prices for all dealers - Rockler's price on the SS will be the same as everyone else's...

Blog Entries
    ... and Rockler discount cards or Woodcraft B-day discounts do not apply to Sawstop either.

Yeah - this certainly isn't going to get anyone a better price on a SS as the usual pricing restrictions will likely apply. But it may help those who have a preference for Rockler over Woodcraft or other stores, a good relationship with their local Rockler, or who are near a Rockler but not near other dealers.

I'm about to dive in on a SS, and Woodcraft is closer to me anyways. But having a second option for whatever reason is nice.

Rockler is simply responding to the market (better late than never).

Any machine retailer NOT selling SawStop is basically giving up every sale to an educational institution, many to commercial shops that have an insurance incentive and many to amateurs who recognize that accidents happen and prefer to keep their digits in the event of one.

-kg

I'm interested in the 3hp SS. May be a dumb question, but what is the differences between PCS and ICS?

bw

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R White View Post
    I'm interested in the 3hp SS. May be a dumb question, but what is the differences between PCS and ICS?

bw
    Take a look at this page it it shows them all.

http://www.sawstop.com/procabinet/procab_compare.php

bw
    about 2k

bw
    My $0.02 would be to buy the mobile base, whatever saw you buy. Unless you will put in in your shop, and never ever move it. It is a really nice MB, it's hydraulic, the saw sits back down on the floor..

I agree Kyle, it's a great mobile base, but it's designed specifically for the ICS as the PCS has an integral mobile base.
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

I don't know what going on nationwide, but the Rockler in eastern MA is only going to carry the less expensive "professional" cabinet saw "PCS", not the heavy duty "industrial" cabinet saw "ICS". The difference in price between the PCs and the ICS is around $1000.00. Imo its money well spent.
    Last edited by michael case; 03-07-2011 at 10:18 PM.