Thread: miter gauges

miter gauges

I'm considering buying a new miter gauge, and have been checking into the INCRA line of miter gauges. I have the INCRA TS-III fence and the Ultra-Fence system, which I love, so I know they make a quality product. But there seems to be quite a few people who have purchased INCRA gauges that have been unhappy with them, based on reviews I've read on-line. The 1000 seems to have the bugs typically found in early versions, and it sounds like it's complicated to change to a new set-up angle having to use wrenches. The 2000 requires some disassembly to change from one side of the blade to the other. The 3000 is a bit more than I want to pay. I was wondering if anyone here has used the INCRA gauges, and what they think of them, and what other miter gauges you guys might recommend. Thanks.

George

I like the Osborne EB-3. Simple and effective.
    The lyfe so short, the craft so long to lerne.

Geoffrey Chaucer

I too have an Osborne EB-3. It's simple, accurate, and has multiple features above an beyond a simple miter guage, such as the flip up stop. When cutting mutiples, put a ruler in front of the EB-3 with the end of the ruler against the edge of the saw blade, measure out the required lenght and flip the stop down and adjust to this measurement. I never thought I would get enough out of a $159 miter guage to justify one, but since I've had this one, I wonder how I ever got along without it.

Herb
    Carrollton, TX

I've got the 2000. It's a bit of bother to swap sides, but it looks a lot worse than it really is. Only takes a couple minutes after you've done it a few times.

KC

I have the Incra 1000SE. It's a step up from the 1000 with better stops, better angle gauge etc., but not nearly as much as the 3000. I got mine from WoodCraft for about $140 (??). The SE is a "special edition" made for particular companies. Like I said, Woodcraft has them, but I've also seen them somewhere else...just can't remember where right now.
    I like mine. Not as simple as the Osborne, but very versatile. You don't need anything special to change angles, but to extend or move the fence to the other side, you do have to mess with the allen screws. So far, that is the only draw-back.

Cool

I have the Incra 1000SE also. So far it's great. I found it at Woodpeckers for $129 delivered.

Good luck with your choce.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

I've got the Woodhaven and like it alot. It comes out of the box calibrated, and is spot on. All the aftermarket gauges are a big step up from the stock gauge.

I also got the Incra 1000 SE from Woodpecker's. So far it's great.

Incra 2000

I've been using the Incra 2000 on my Jet cabinet saw and like it a lot. The shortest length fence for it was too short though. I went with the next longer size.

Diane

George,

I just bought the Incra 5000 Sled and love it. The long extension/ stop is great. I chose the sled over the 3000se gauge because of the sliding L-Bracket which really makes it solid when using the extension bar so there will be no flex. Let us know what you decide on.

Miter 5000
    Be Blessed!

Another thumbs up for the 1000SE
    Jay St. Peter

I have the Osborne EB-3, and love it. Got it from amazon.com,only
    payed $159.99 total, got free shipping.

David R.
    GO KINGS

I Don't know how they work but

I got a sale catalog from woodorkers warehouse that has the base incra 1000 on sale for $99.99 Seems like a good price. They normally sell it for $119.99
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Perfect timing Chris

I was cutting some repeat length pieces last night on the stock miter gauge on the Griz... it SUCKS!!!

Your link was the perfect opportunity to order the Incra 5000.

I probably won't turn the saw on again until it arrives.

This above all - To thine own self be true. Wm Shakespear - Hamlet

Jointech

I have the Jointech sled and use it a lot; works great.