Thread: Nova Chuck on Sale

Nova Chuck on Sale

For anyone looking to add another chuck to their tool box, Wood Craft has the Nova Precision Midi Chuck with 2 sets of jaws on sale for 80 bucks at the moment!

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/208...-Jaw-Sets.aspx

I ordered one so I don't have to keep switching my G3 between my Nova and Jet 10/14!

Just thought I'd pass that along!

MMc

I picked that one up a week ago....Got the free shipping too...
    Going to put and leave the 25mm Jaws on it. My other chuck has the 5omm on it. I need to get the pin jaws next, but I will wait for them to go on sale.

Marc - just to pass this on -the nova pin jaws only have one retaining screw; I sold mine. The Sorby pin jaw set has 2 screws. In contraction mode the Nova set deflects, but in expansion mode did work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Minto View Post
    Marc - just to pass this on -the nova pin jaws only have one retaining screw; I sold mine. The Sorby pin jaw set has 2 screws. In contraction mode the Nova set deflects, but in expansion mode did work fine.
    Mike...
    Thanks for the heads up....I did read about the deflection in another thread. I also saw the jaws were mounted with only 1 screw each and that kind of worried me. So does the sorby pin jaws fit the Nova chuck?

Thanks,
    Marc

The new Nova pin jaws that come in the 4 jaw set have 2 screws and work great. I have a set.

Alan

Marc, I'm told the Sorby jaws all fit the Nova, and verce visa ; had not heard about the 'new' Nova pin jaws, I'll have to check that out myself. Thanks, Alan.

I can confirm the deflection with the Nova pin jaws in contraction mode. The Sorby jaws are interchangeable, but I haven't used them. My Woodcraft is having a sale this weekend -- maybe I will see if they have the new four-jaw set to check out. I have seen that before but didn't see anything in it that I really needed. But if it has a good set of pin jaws, I might be interested. Best I could tell, none of them have the internal dovetails though, which is the biggest problem with the pin jaws.

Keep in mind that the Nova Pin jaws are just a longer version of the 25mm jaws. I have both sets.

The new 2 screw pin/spigot jaws are nothing like the 25MM bowl jaws or the older pin jaws. They look much more like the pin/spigot jaws offered by Sorby and Oneway. They can be used in both contraction and expansion mode. This comes in the new 4 jaw mini set that is offered. Here is more info on the set. http://www2.woodcraft.com/PDF/150306...cal%20Data.pdf

Alan

Too bad they don't sell the new pin jaws without the other three in the set. I'm not spending $100 for one (useful) set of jaws. My Stronghold pin jaws work a lot better anyway.