Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: #29 Big Leaf burl HF

Exceptional work!

Thanks, guys!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony De Masi View Post
    Can you believe all this started because you just wanted to make some table legs?

Tony
    Tony, everytime I think about the posts back in September, and my proclamations that I had no interest in doing anything but furniture turnings, I nearly laugh out loud!! It has been a great ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Helmboldt View Post
    On a technical note, what tools are you using for hollowing? I'm about to take that leap (if I can find time to turn with my new job ).
    Jake, I use the tool and tips I got from Jeff Nicol. It works very well, and has been enough for me. At this point, hollowing through a small hole hasn't been appealing to me, but if I were going that route, I think I would want a more fixed system - captured I guess is the right word.

Thumbs up

well done John! very professional piece
    neil

The wooden Potter

You are pushing me!

John, You are pushing me to get some things done so I can try and keep up with your output and incredible works! As like many of us here on the Turners forum, you have inspired us to go the extra step and learn to do things we never thought we could! You are truly a natural and wonderful artist!

Thanks for your inspiration,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

John,

You are one of my inspirations on here!

I love reading posts from the past and I read just the other day a post from you (Feb 09 I think) asking if anyone would be interested in a downed tree on your property because "You aren't a turner"! Well, it seems things have changed!

Beautiful work sir!

MMc

Thanks, Neil!

Jeff, you just don't know how much time I have spent looking at your turnings and learning from you. I appreciate all you have done, and your continued supportive comments.

Mike, your comments are humbling. My hope is that my experiences will at least provide others with some "do and don't" information.

BTW, the uprooted stump of that tree remains in my backyard, and I do intend to cut into it at some point!! It no longer looks like firewood when I pass by it.

John this has to be your best piece yet, truly outstanding beautiful job.

Yup, another amazing piece!!!

If you were selling you might be getting into the four digit price range... maybe it's time to to get out of that low paying lawyering stuff.

Nice work, John. You are getting quite good.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

John,
    That is really beautiful!
    Elegant.
    Just cut off the parts that don't look like a bowl...

Thanks, guys, I thought this one had run its course, but I do appreciate each of you taking the time to look!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Chester View Post
    If you were selling you might be getting into the four digit price range... maybe it's time to to get out of that low paying lawyering stuff.
    Gary, I certainly appreciate the comment, but there would need to be a decimal in that "four digit price"!!! While I love what I do for a living, it is only "what I do" and not "who I am!" If tomorrow, I could make as much woodturning and doing flatwork, it would be my last day in court! I certainly do not see that happening! But, even at that, I am probably 4-5 years from calling it quits anyway.