Thread: Powermatic Disk/Belt sander

Powermatic Disk/Belt sander

After waiting for a miracle, I found one on craigs list and bought a
    Powermatic 30b disk belt sander for $150. I am 3/4 through refurbishing it, mostly painting, but also replacing the 3 phase motor with a 1 phase that I had in my attic. A few tricks were required to get everything apart and re-assembled, but it is all going well. An added plus with the unit was that it came with a dust filter- the motor runs a blower in addition to the disk/belt. A stack of filters with a foot pedal to shake them into the lower tray eliminates the need to connect to my dc. I had been about to buy a lesser unit for much more money. Now I need to find a similar deal on a planer---

Pm30

CL is a good place to shop,those deals don't last long.I drove out to Bridge City to pick up mine and yours was just down the road 45.Congrads on the sander w/shaker and post some pics---Carroll

Thats something I have been checking CL for but as of yet no luck. Excellent find!

Picture man, Pictures!

Blog Entries
    My eyes! My eyes! I've gone blind!!!! Oh wait, there's just no pics.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

WTG Neil! Now you need to look for a CL deal on a nice used digital camera. We wanna see PIX!

CL is a wonderful service! I check it twice daily for *stuff* in MO and every bordering state. Just In Case! My closest gloat was 2.5 hrs away; the fartherest, 6 hrs, but still plenty worth the drive. I've hauled home some really good stuff off CL by being quick to decide and call. He who hesitates is...too late, usually.

I've found that almost all CL sellers are really decent people who have worked with me to hold the items once spoken for. They were not out for a quick buck, but just needed to get rid of unused tools. Those who price their stuff to move fast usually succeed. Others are just on a fishing expedition, but may certainly be willing to negotiate after a week or two of no sale.

Enjoy rebuilding your *new* PM sander and show some pix of your *gloat*! Soon!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Pictures will be forthcoming

I've been taking pictures as the unit is being rebuilt. It is mostly together, but am awaiting a few parts I ordered.