Thread: Cutting Rowmark Squares with rounded corners

Cutting Rowmark Squares with rounded corners

Dear Creekers,

I have just received an order for about 500 30mm x 100mm (approx 1 inch x 3 Inch) signs. Material used Rowmark.

The signs are square with rounded corners and I would like to line them up so the sides overlap exactly so when I go to cut one pass will equal two sides being cut ( reducing time and material). At the moment I can only get Corel and my Epilog to cut 4 sides per sign each time ie double cutting the sides and making them extra "sticky".

Will the weld tool fix this??

Kind regards,

Ian

What I do on something like that is, My sign is 3 inches wide. I make the first one, Then use the step and repete tool. I set the repete for 2.99. That will line up the right edge of my first sign with the left edge of my second. I then use the line segment delete tool and delete the over lapping line. That way you only get 1 cut between the signs. After making the first row across I group them and do the step and repete down and again use the line segment delete tool on the over lapping edges.
    Vytek 4' x 8', 35 watt. Epilog Legend 100 watt, Graphtec plotter. Corel x-4, Autocad 2008, Flexi sign, Adobe Illustrator, Photo Impact X-3 and half a dozen more.

Thanks

So far so good /........I set the distance between the two squares to zero and this overlapped perfectly!!!! PLs excuse my ignorance but where is the Line segment delete tool?

thanks again!!

Ian.

Try using "virtual segment delete" tool.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Thanks Guys

It is working a treat and has saved me time and materials plus I am just that little bit better with Corel.

Much appreciated and thanks again!!

Regards,

Ian