Does anyone know for sure what the status is of lead testing of toys targetted for children twelve and younger? The last I heard there was no distinction made between large manufacturers and the small woodworker for testing requirements.

Went to the CPSC website and finally found out that a stay was issued from the Commission delaying this testing requirement until February 10, 2010 and then found something published in the December 28, 2009 Federal Register which seemed to just focus on four groups of toys which were subject to the testing starting on February 11, 2010 and maintained a contunance of the stay for the other catagories. There are about 12 pages of legaleeze gobbitly goop which I couldn't boil down to laymans terms.

So....does any one have the true scoop; what is or is not subject to the testing?

Here is the link to the CPSC site which has the Federal Register information if anyone would like to read it.

http://www.cpsc.gov/BUSINFO/frnotices/fr10/stay.html

I would like to make some children's toys for the xmas both for profit and for charity but don't want to get hauled off to the Big House for not testing.

Les