Thread: Info on the Mini Max S45 (Yellow) & Gloat

Info on the Mini Max S45 (Yellow) & Gloat

I have been looking for a secondary saw to avoid changing my re-saw setup (Laguna 16) and found this Mini Max S45 and 3 Bessey's for $155 at a yard sale today. (update - found the manual at the Mini Max site).

Details: Model: S45 18", Motor: 1.8 HP 220v single phase.

One question I have, there is a switch on the motor with a zero and a one. Not sure the purpose.

Thanks.

MMS45.jpg
    Last edited by dan mahler; 04-11-2010 at 7:27 PM.

What a bargain!!
    Jack-Bench
    Adjustable Height Workbench Plans

Nice deal. The zero and one mean on/off.

My understanding is that the 'O' is meant to symbolize an open circuit or off and the 'I' is meant to show a closed circuit or on.

$155? man, those clamps are worth more than that. That is a deal. Buy two clamps at regular price, get a free clamp, oh, and a minimax BS too! Sweet. Does it have multi speeds? I wondered if maybe 0 was one speed, 1 another? Probably just those crazy Europeans with their open/closed circuit connotations. I just got an italian BS my self, and they actually put an ON-OFF switch on it!

Thanks All!

I assumed it was an on/off switch but what threw me is the 'I' is displayed as a numeric '1' and there is also a push button on/off switch (located by the table).

Anyway it runs smooth.
    Last edited by dan mahler; 04-12-2010 at 11:26 AM.

The switch is another way to cut the power to the machine. I have to check mine but I believe it switches the power off before the switch so you can safely change blades without unplugging it or flipping a breaker.
    Tom