There's a current recall on fluorescent fixtures that I discovered quite by accident. An internet search for some info on fluorescent fixtures easily turned this up. It seems the bulb holders (tombstones if you will) have the capability to melt and catch fire. The company described the problem to me verbally as "possible arcing if the bulbs are not seated correctly". The recall involves fixtures of various lengths manufactured over about 5 years ranging from 2011-15. There's a CPSC bulletin or a company bulletin out there with details. There's a variety of fixtures using these faulty bi-pin sockets ranging from typical kitchen wrap arounds to strip and shop lights. I had seven of the 2-bulb (32W T-8) 4ft shop lights that have been performing extremely well for me for almost a year (with minimal use). They were quick to send out new ones after I submitted my claim form with supporting documentation. Now I want to retrofit the sockets and make use of a few of the old ones, but I may just wait a little longer as LED tube prices continue to fall. there's a different electrical scheme for lighting the LED tubes, so the socket would be different. If you are investigating retrofit to LEDs from T8 be sure to look up shunted vs. non-shunted sockets.
BTW - those Eaton Cooper fixtures were sold almost everywhere, so check your lights if you bought any flu. fixtures in the last five years.

One thing that I do not understand here is why we must find this out by accident?? The company was required (Federal Law under CPSC) to report this to the companies they sold fixtures to. The company I bought mine (e-commerce) from had records of the three sales events it took to sell me seven. It seems a simple search of their records would yield a list of who bought them and generate an email notice to those customers. I pity those who don't roam the internet for one reason or another.