Thread: Dust deputy

Dust deputy

We use a Ridgid shop vac for our power sanders, it works pretty well. I have been considering the dust deputy to make our set up work better. From the reviews I have read, it seems to do the job as advertised.
    Well I pulled the trigger, Rockler emailed me a 20% off any one item, so it saved me $20. I am looking forward to seeing how it works for me.
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic

John,

Wooops (edited: after re-reading and found no photo had made it to post).Here's my Dust Deputy/16gal Rigid system. I converted the canvas bag that was used for additional accessiories and put a velcro strap on the handles for additional stability. Don't know if it's necessary. The system is stable when moving and the Dust Deputy can be removed easily for cleaning or the whole add-on can easily be removed completely if desired. Very happy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Don Morris; 04-13-2010 at 1:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    I've emptied the 5 gallon bucket under my DD five times (I just built an MDF drawer unit) and this is what got through to my vac canister and filter:

DD-After-5-Buckets.jpg

Say what you will, but this kinda freaked me out.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

John - It does work as advertised..I'll attest to Glenn's pic. Wasn't cutting MDF, but had it hooked to my bandsaw, planer, router table, even my table saw. Emptied it I don't know how many times....and the filter is still clean. Careful you don't get carried away and let the bucket fill up... Was running it on my planer and not paying attention. When I was through, had to empty the bucket, vacuum, and clean the filter. Lesson learned.

Enjoy your new toy!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy Turner View Post
    John - It does work as advertised..I'll attest to Glenn's pic. Wasn't cutting MDF, but had it hooked to my bandsaw, planer, router table, even my table saw. Emptied it I don't know how many times....and the filter is still clean. Careful you don't get carried away and let the bucket fill up... Was running it on my planer and not paying attention. When I was through, had to empty the bucket, vacuum, and clean the filter. Lesson learned.

Enjoy your new toy!!!
    +1 on Troy's comment. I had the same success as Glen until I let the DD get full.

The DD works as advertised. One of my better investments. Vac performance doesn't degrade as the filter doesn't clog.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

Thanks everyone, I am excited to get the DD. When I figure out a set up for it. I will post pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Peterson View Post
    The DD works as advertised. One of my better investments. Vac performance doesn't degrade as the filter doesn't clog.
    +1 on the DD working. I just filled mine to the brim and it still didn't have carry over yet. It's amazing. I now longer dread emptying my shop vac. Only wish I could figure out how to make it take up less floor space. Like stack it or something.

I got my DD on Monday. I assembled it, cleaned our my shop vac and filter and vacuumed the shop floor. All of the dust and wood chips were in the DD none in the shop vac. It works amazingly well.

Yep! I'm running a ClearVu / Rigid vac combo set up as a permanent central vac system. The vac is under the RAS so it is never in the way. Love it - and my clean shop loves it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Gregory View Post
    I got my DD on Monday. I assembled it, cleaned our my shop vac and filter and vacuumed the shop floor. All of the dust and wood chips were in the DD none in the shop vac. It works amazingly well.
    But wait. You said you would post pictures???
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

does anybody have the super dust deputy?
    (http://store.oneida-air.com/thesuperdustdeputy.aspx)

cheers,
    m