Thread: Invert eps files.

Invert eps files.

I think I know the answer to this but want to reach out to you to confirm. Is there any way to invert a customers eps artwork so I can use it to laser into reverse engraveable material?

The drawings that he has sent to me are black background with white lettering and drawings.

I need the lettering and artwork thats in white to be black and just hairline around the rectangles. There are many hairlines and blackfilled objects that would take a awful lot of work to change.

Taking away the hairlines would decrease the thickness of the letters.

Jeff
    Jeff
    Laser's Edge Engraving

Epilog 24TT 45watt
    Corel 12, X3, X5

Maybe I'm missing something but I just open the EPS with Corel, choose Effects -> Transform -> Invert and it does it.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Save it as a tif or jpg, then reverse the image in Corel Paint or Photoshop.

Mark
    ULS X-2 660, Corel X3, Haas VF4, Graphtec vinyl cutter, Xenetech rotaries (3), Dahlgren Tables, Gorton P2-3, New Hermes pantographs (2), and recently, 24" x 36" chinese router. Also do sublimation, sand blasting, & metal photo. Engraver since 1975.

Mark is right, it's fiddly and very very annoying have to do one of those. John, most eps are good for most jobs, but they are also prone to negative/positive issues. Although they will still engrave perfectly well, the image is still a negative and doesn't look right, but it does work for some, but not for all.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Guess I've been lucky so far!
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Thanks to all! I was able to use both methods but the best news is that the customer finally got the remaining artwork converted and resent to me!!

Jeff
    Jeff
    Laser's Edge Engraving

Epilog 24TT 45watt
    Corel 12, X3, X5