Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Have an extra bowl?

Have an extra bowl?

I participated in a charity auction last year year to raise money for a young lady that needed a lung transplant. You can read about it here: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=111222 Well, the transplant was done and she is doing well. Though she has been in the hospital numerous times since then, her spirits never dampen. I am participating again this year in another auction to help pay the immense bills and hope my donation sells for more than last year ($360). I have read numerous threads about what to do with all the bowls and super great items that get turned and then stored away. Well, if you want to help someone out with them, please PM me and I will see that they are properly presented and auctioned for a good cause. I will be glad to help with shipping costs if you need me to and will post pictures of the turnings and the auction. You can google "amber's angels" for information on the charity that she started and some information about her or go to www. my breath of life.org (no spaces) for information on the auction. If you have any questions, please PM me. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Robert McGowen; 04-14-2010 at 10:28 PM.

Count me in! PM sent!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I already have one shy, un-named donor sending something, so the total is up to 2. Thanks!

Robert, what's the cut-off date for donations? May take a while to get something back from del Mano. Just kidding about that last part.
    Richard in Wimberley

Richard, I am guessing around May 11th. That would give me a week to get things together and delivered. Anything that is of the caliber that I have seen you do would really be great! We could meet again and I could trade you piece of mesquite for your donation!

Robert, count me in. Where do you want the bowls sent? Blessings, Tom
    Chapel Hills Turning Studio
    Douglasville, GA

Hoosier by birth, Georgian by choice!

Have blanks, will trade.

I am in also!

I think I can find a nice piece to donate to the cause. It sounds very wonderful to me. PM on the way

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Robert, I'll call del Mano in the morning. PM on the way shortly.
    Richard in Wimberley

I am in! Can you PM me an address?

My stuff doesn't belong with the great turners and turnings above, but I will be happy to send you some bowls. I won't be able to do it for about two weeks, as I'm off to Boston to baby sit. Please PM me with address.

Hilel
    No one has the right to demand aid, but everyone has a moral obligation to provide it-William Godwin

John, Tom, Hilel, Jeff, and Richard - PM sent. Thanks!

And don't let the bowl title mislead you..... A pen that I donated sold for $105.....
    Last edited by Robert McGowen; 04-16-2010 at 8:36 AM.

Count me in. PM sent.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

PM returned, Bernie!

There are several people that have contacted me that did not post in the thread. I guess they are shy , but I wanted everyone to know that the participation by everyone is great! Thanks!

Pm me, Robert,

I'm in.
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

Well I managed to get the hollow form all boxed up and ready to be shipped. Should get it out Monday or Tuesday for sure!

Happy to see so many Creekers participating! Hope to see a photo or 2 of what everyone sent to the auction! Will also keep my fingers crossed that everything combined pulls in some big $$$ for the young lady and her family!

Feels good to be able to help someone out - and all I had to do was turn something!!!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!