Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever feel like you post too much?

Ever feel like you post too much?

Does anyone ever feel like you either ask to many questions or answer to many to much? I feel like I ask or answer someone everyday at least once and sometimes I feel like I shouldn't give my 2 cents because I don't want to be annoying. Anyone else feel that way?
    I'm a Joe of all trades. It's a first, it'll catch on.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Shinall View Post
    Does anyone ever feel like you either ask to many questions or answer to many to much? I feel like I ask or answer someone everyday at least once and sometimes I feel like I shouldn't give my 2 cents because I don't want to be annoying. Anyone else feel that way?
    No.

-------------------------
    "If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably a wise investment."

posting

I think that is the basis for this forum. There are countless members who just read the postings. I have even corrected on some wrong thinking which saved me a lot of time and frustration. I'm thinking that the sheer massive amount of members would allow a person to post 2-3 times a day and only be seen by an individual member a few time a week. Let's say you post twice in Turners once in Neanderthal, and one in general wood working. Chances are most people will miss your post in at least one of the forums.
    CW Miller
    Whispering Wood Creations

I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    Winston Churchill

Cut it out Joe. I can't take all this posting any more!!!!!! LOL......

Seriously, what's the deal? If you have something to contribute, then by all means, contribute. It's what the board is for. Relax and post as much as you wnat. If anyone says anything, tell them that I said it was OK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

only when I post about posting too much

Nah, I live to read and post on Sawmill Creek.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

I could do it all day.

First time I have gotten this message:
    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 11 seconds

In fact I do read and post all day. But not too much, nope.

Nice Brian! I would have done the same thing! Ok, well as long as noone else does then I won't feel like it anymore. This site is the best tool I have in my opinion. I get bored and just read and read and read and read through all the old posts til I fall asleep every night. You guys are like family! I have 3 older sisters so I'll take everyone's conversation on here all day over that...
    I'm a Joe of all trades. It's a first, it'll catch on.

I'll be the first to raise my hand from the back of the class. I rarely "contribute" anything helpful or useful and wonder if folks sometimes ask themselves why I post, or why I'm even a member of this forum. I do try to contribute over on the laser forum but those posts are few and far between because them folks over there are so smart about laserin'! I do learn a lot here though, from you and all the other great people that share the fruits of their years of experience. So, post away!!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Joe, that's what forums are all about, exchanging information or just "shooting the breeze"

Hello.
    My name is Shawn
    And I am an SMC Addict

I love this forum and all its posters and lurkers

Sometimes I feel like a poser, answering the same few questions over and over again because that's all I have experience in.

I also like that misleading or incorrect info is quickly vetted out because people will respond to it. That discussion/debate is something I find very useful. Some of my favorites:

Is polyurethane an acceptable finish and can you use it over waxy shellac?
    Is the Sawstop worth the price?

Ok, maybe there should be a moratorium on those two...

Blog Entries
    Nice Brian! I would have done the same thing! Ok, well as long as noone else does then I won't feel like it anymore.
    Oh darn. Just when I was about to explain that we only feel that you post to much. The rest of us are fine .

Seriously, I think everything from the serious "how-to" threads with 20 pics to the one line responses of "nice work" posts all add up to what makes this such a great place to hang out. Keep posting.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I find that I go to post a question, then before I hit submit, I do a search... and the post is no longer unique... at some point, the whole SMC thing will be filled with all the available knowledge that is possible. Then you can move on to the online forums for your other hobbies... knitting, bocce ball, birding, whatever. In the meantime, keep up the good work!

Brian, you beat me to it. I was going to do the 3 or 4 posts in a row things, too. Hehe
    I drink, therefore I am.