Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carole Valentine ?

Carole Valentine ?

Hmmm. Wonder whatever happened to Carole Valentine. I had a feeling I'd be reading about her by now. A famous wood turner.

Rich,

If I remember correctly, Carole is a moderator and active over at WoodCentral.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Rich,

I spent sometime with Carole at the Ohio Symposium back in October. She had some very nice small Hollowforms in the Instant Gallery if I remember right.

Frank
    'Sawdust is better than Prozac'

I should have just googled her. Found lots of stuff. She IS famous. I knew she would be.

So, how about Jon Hart. Anybody seen or heard from him lately?

I haven't heard from John in over a year. I miss him. Nicest guy on the face of the planet.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I tried e-mailing John and no reply. Went back and it has been about 1 1/2 yrs since I last talked with John.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Last I heard he had moved into Amish country in Ohio. Maybe he chucked everything for a simpler life. I sure do agree with you Ken. Nicest guy ever.

Rich there is no doubt he was a gem. When I first started turning he slipped me a couple of boxes of wood for free.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Actually Carol got upset about something that was said here at SMC. I never knew exactly what it was but she left and has not been back. It's a shame because she is a fine turner and was lots of fun on the forum. I still have her biscuit recipe.

I also agree about John Hart being a great guy.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Colston View Post
    Actually Carol got upset about something that was said here at SMC. I never knew exactly what it was but she left and has not been back. It's a shame because she is a fine turner and was lots of fun on the forum. I still have her biscuit recipe.

I also agree about John Hart being a great guy.
    Those were sure good biscuts-- everyone like them. I also got some wood from John Hart-- he was also a fun guy.
    Jerry

You guys are funny!

Famous turner? Don't think so!
    WC moderator? Nope. (Are you still not allowed to refer to other forums by name or post links here?)
    Pieces in the IG at OVWG? Nope. Sorry.
    And yes, John Hart was/is a wonderful guy. Been a couple of years since I heard from him.

Oh...and those biscuits?...watch out for those dudes...they will make you as round as if someone stuck you on a lathe with the intention of turning a sphere!

Nice to hear from you Carole. I enjoyed checking out your website. If not famous, I would say VERY accomplished.

Carole, it seems that your "legend" was developing a life of its own and perhaps your continued silence may have added considerably to the profile!!! May have been interesting to "lay low" for awhile to see what other nice things would have been said about you!!

I wasn't around back then, but it is great to see you post, and I, too, took the opportunity to view your website with great interest. Some very good work, and an interesting history of your turning experience.

Hello Carole. Yep, your biscuits have made me er, full figured!

Neat to see you post here at SMC again. This forum was sure fun back when you, John Hart and others were here stirring the pot.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

OK,
    Now I'm confused...
    Did Carole invent the Internet or not?
    Just cut off the parts that don't look like a bowl...