Thread: Ornamental Bird Houses

Ornamental Bird Houses

I made these Ornamental Bird Houses with scrap pieces from other segmented projects.

I have been trying to find an attractive stand to display my birdhouses on, these are two designs I have come up with so far.

Any thoughts???
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bill, I am beginning to think that you have too much time on your hands!

If you are showing off the stand, I would go with the full-circle.
    If you are showing off the birdhouse, I would go with the half-circle.

YMMV

Bill I like both stands and the birdhouses. Really well done.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert McGowen View Post
    Bill, I am beginning to think that you have too much time on your hands!

YMMV
    I don't know, Robert, this past week I had a busier schedule than normal: I cut the grass, took the dogs to get their shots, and planted seven tomato plants. Inspite of that very hectic schdule, I still managed to find time for the shop.

Now that's frugal!

Nice job on the bird house and stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bulloch View Post
    I don't know, Robert, this past week I had a busier schedule than normal: I cut the grass, took the dogs to get their shots, and planted seven tomato plants. Inspite of that very hectic schedule, I still managed to find time for the shop.
    Go ahead Bill - rub it in!!!

I agree with Robert. I think the birdhouse shows much better with the half circle. Nice work on the birdhouses, too!!

I don't know, Robert, this past week I had a busier schedule than normal: I cut the grass, took the dogs to get their shots, and planted seven tomato plants. Inspite of that very hectic schdule, I still managed to find time for the shop.
    Congratulations!
    "Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits."
    I'm assuming this is your normal schedule?

I made a wall hanging out of felt and burlap with this exact saying and it hung in my dorm room for all 4 years of college. It is rolled up and in the attic. Should I get it back out now I'm retired?

Nice birdhouses and hangers by the way!

Bill, honestly, although both stands are well done, I think they both take away from your nice birdhouses. IMHO, the stand should be almost invisable.
    941.44 miles South of Steve Schlumph

TURN SAFE

Very cool. I love the little donut entrances on the first two. The rings are awesome as well, especially the full circles.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

I remember someone asking my Dad how retirement was treating him, his answer was he didn't understand how he ever found time to work!

Nice bird houses, and personally I prefer the round stand.

My .02 worth.
    "If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

Very nice birdhouses & stands. May as well make a stand for every birdhouse you make, people probably will want it as a set. That second birdhouse is quite whimsical!

Pyramid Power..

You might try making a stand out of a triangle or even a hollowed out pyramid.

I like your bird houses ! Well done.

I like'em all, but the stands are really nice. May have to do some for Christmas ornaments.
    Mike