Thread: Festool in a router table?

Festool in a router table?

Hey guys,

I have the Festool OF 1400 EQ as my main router. I am about to finish my table saw/routing center and would like some recommendations as to which router I should use in new router table. My other router is a PC 690 (I think that is the model #).

The Festool has the ratcheting collet and superior dust collection, height adjustment, more power, etc... It seems like a no brainer, yet I have reservations. Anyone here with a Festool in a table? I do mostly freehand routing so there would be some back and forth in and out of the table.

Any tips or recommendations? Also, I may eventually buy a better dedicated router for table mounting. Any suggestions? I am partial to Festool, but $$$.$$

Thanx,

shotgunn
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

More is DEFINITELY more!!!

I have the same routers. I put the 690 in a woodpeckers lift in a router table. Works fantastic. I bought the lift to hold the PC7519 router and added a adapter ring to use the 690.
    I would never dream of putting my festool under a table. It is too nice to have for freehand routing.

The Festool routers are not the best choice for in a table...they weren't designed for it, per se. They are really optimized for hand-held work. A VS PC 690 or 890 series or a Dewalt DW618 are a nice mid-range choice for use in a router table if you can't go for the "big kahuna" right now.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Check this out.
    http://www.festool.co.uk/mediandoweb...2&sLanguage=EN

One of the many tools that Festool does not import to the US.

Joe

I have the same Festool router and would never put it in a table..

I have a PC690 and a PC7518 in router lifts.. Putting a OF1400 in a table is tragic..

The PC 690 should be put in the table.. Keep the OF1400 for freehand work.

+1 on that post, I'd never consider putting my 1400 in a table, a pc 7518 is way better suited for this purpose

+1 My OF1400 is for hand held use. I have a Triton router for a router table.

Dan.
    It's amazing what you can accomplish in the 11th hour, 59 minute of any project. Ya just have to keep your eye on the goal.