Thread: "Mentor Jeff Nicol" Visit

"Mentor Jeff Nicol" Visit

Another great visit to the shop of"Mentor Jeff Nicol".
    I feel like I used the "Vulcon mind meld" on Jeff,I learned so much.
    This time we took photos of the Jeff bookends...Aaaah,thats Jeff on the right.
    After an hour and a half I was set to leave but that took another 1.5 hrs.
    It would take a few pages to explain what I saw and learned there.
    Many thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can't wait till I get a chance to finally get over to his side of the state.
    "If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

Great mentor, hey doesn't get any better.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Always great to hear of Creekers getting a little shop time together!

Looks like Jeff cleaned up the shop since I was there!

Hope to be able to stop back in again in June! Always a fun time!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Looks like a lot of fun. I wish I lived closer... I'd meet you there.

ENVY!!!!! Sure looks like a fun time, again! Sure looks like Jeff has no shortage of roughed out material to play with!! He commented that he thought he had dozens and dozens of rough turned bowls, and I think he was right!

Great time was had!

I think the Jeff and Jeff show could solve the worlds problems in a month or so, all we need is the Lawyer (Mr. Keeton) the Doctor (Dr. Keller) the cool minded Arbitrator (Mr. Schlumpf) and all the rest of the even keeled minds on SMC and what a wonderful place this would be! I almost forgot, the great Christmas tree grower just across the state (Mr. Ranum) to keep our spirits high with the fresh smells of a great Balsam fir or Scotch pine!

I mentioned it before we should plan some local SMC summer picnic/gathering in different locations in the country/world and report back on all the great times had by all! SMC is a wonderful place to share, learn and to laugh!

Thanks Jeff for the post and kind words!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Maybe we could get a retired teacher - Baxter?? - to do the blackboard drawings for us, too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Nicol View Post

I mentioned it before we should plan some local SMC summer picnic/gathering in different locations in the country/world and report back on all the great times had by all! SMC is a wonderful place to share, learn and to laugh!

Jeff
    Depending on how many people would show up, I might be willing to plan something for the Twin Cities/Midwest area. If it's only a dozen people, I could even have it at my house.

Doug

Looks like a great time and lots of interesting things to see and learn. I imagine you only scratched the surface!

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Maybe we could get a retired teacher - Baxter?? - to do the blackboard drawings for us, too!!
    My blackboard drawing skills left a lot to be desired but it does sound like fun!

I'm in for the picnic but we'd have to have a wood fired bar b q.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Fagen View Post
    I'm in for the picnic but we'd have to have a wood fired bar b q.
    Now that's funny! Nothing like having a bunch of guys going through the firewood making sure nothing is going to get burned that could be turned!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

One of these days I am going to fly east just to spend a day or two with jeff in his workshop. (was that single malt or double Jeff? )

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    Now that's funny! Nothing like having a bunch of guys going through the firewood making sure nothing is going to get burned that could be turned!

LOL, I could see it now, what started as a big pile ends up just enough to roast a few wenies.

I wood be willing to bet we all have plenty of shavings to get the fire started though.

Sounds like a lot of fun, I am always willing to host a gathering at my place for the folks closer to the left coast.

Single, Double, blended or Shine

It would be a great thing to get a bunch of us in one place to eat drink and be merry! I am game whenever any one else is!

Mark, Maybe you can come pick up the Urn I have almost done and the Claro bowl when you are here! I have 2 empty rooms upstairs with their own bathroom so it would be like staying at a really cheap bed and breakfast!

Thanks and the welcome sign is always hanging in the shop!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown