Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

My wife spent a whole bunch of money on wood this weekend. Unfortunately, it was in the form of living trees and shrubs, nothing I can use anytime soon.

I spent most of the weekend drywalling the shop. So lot's of shop time, but no woodworking.

Jeff

Nice cabinet Randy.

I built my last raised flower garden which was a Hexagon shape, 2 timbers high. Then unloaded 8 40 pound bench bottoms and placed into that garden and put the 20 pound bench tops on. I unloaded two pickup truck loads of mulch into the 4 raised flower gardens and the other front big flower garden at my house. Installed the sprinkler system for the bushes. Bought new blades for the mower and put em on. Damn things went up from 22 dollars a pair to 39. And dont cut a lick better than they did when they were $22.

Played baseball Sunday. Got to start throwing for the first time since shoulder surgery in November. It was pretty ugly but it's a step further.

No time in the shop itself, just the miter saw in the yard cutting the timbers. And put down weed and feed over the weekend and finished it up with some centipede grass seed today.

Now that I can't hardly walk, I'm taking some days off of household stuff.
    I'm a Joe of all trades. It's a first, it'll catch on.

My wife took the kids to NJ to see her mother for the weekend so I spent Saturday moving the DC into the new shed and running the ductwork and electrical to it. I followed that up with hauling and installing 35 large bags of rubber mulch to the play set I built for the kids in our back yard.

Sunday was spent getting acquainted with the Festool mft3 and ts75 id been saving for tuen putting them to good use along with the P/J milling all of the ash I bought last year to finally make the real base for my bench.

Felt great to get back in the shop after spening the last few months helping with a newborn. Can't wait to teach the little guy how to use a block plane.

I thought Randy might like to look at a similar cabinet without face frames...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...0/kitchcab.jpg
    .. If walking is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.