Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hammer K3 Winner - Help

Well, the CFO recently approved the SawStop to replace my current Ridgid contractor's saw.
    I'm assuming here that the "CFO" is she who must be obeyed....

That being the case,,,it all depends on what your "honey whine" stategy is/was.

If you played the "sad bassett hound look", saying your just trying to save your fingers w/the saw stop - so you could work them to the bone, providing her with shoes, meals out and,,,etc,etc,etc,,,

You might have dug a pretty deep hole.

OTOH - $$ saved can always trump any concern for life/limb..

I always toss out to SWMBO, that by saving nearly half on something, that will give her more $$ if something happens to me.
    Then she and her 25 year old boyfriend will have that much more to spend while they lounge around the beach in the Carribean .

(just kidding of course )(Although SWMBO does get this kind of whistfull faraway look in her eyes when I tease her about a ficticous boyfriend half her age...)

If your wife is like mine, any time money savings come into the picture, her eyes light up. She won't move unless a sale sign is attached.
    I went from a Unisaw to a Laguna slider last year, and have not looked back.
    I never even looked at the SS machine due to its foundation as just another cabinet saw. The slider is much more of a safe machine placing your digits far away from a spinning blade.
    Happy sawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    (just kidding of course )(Although SWMBO does get this kind of whistfull faraway look in her eyes when I tease her about a ficticous boyfriend half her age...)
    Rich, that's funny,

Diann always says she doesn't want a boyfriend half my age, she spent so much effort training me, with such poor results that she wouldn't go through it a second time.

regards, Rod.

Thanks all for the great comments. It seems to be an easy decision based on all the feedback. Now the hard part, opening the wallet and waiting a couple months for delivery.

Nice problem to have

go with the slider

lou