Thread: Well, it wasn't to be...

Well, it wasn't to be...

Went and looked at a used '88 unisaw. Sounded good, but when I got there it was missing the fence and a wing. That coupled with it being 3 ph, caused me to pass, even at 300.00.

On the bright side, i got a BIG electric cement mixer, a lincoln 225 ac welder with a bunch of rods and 2, 1/2 hp century american made motors for 200.00. That mixer is like 5' tall.

I guess I keep looking for that saw.

I find all manner of great used deals when I am not looking, when I start looking with money in hand I seem to always end up with enough money to buy new before I find a good deal used.

Good luck it will happen!

Ditto on that... a few Craigslist bandsaws caught my eye(16"ers for $150, good condition too) but as soon as I got into the market for a BS, the only things popping up were 10" for $300(lol), now thats BS....

I usually am not able to turn down a deal, which is why I've got 3 shapers and 3 lathes at the moment. But you can be picky, as long as you're prepared.

BTW, if I needed a tablesaw, I would have bought that one--my PM 65 was in worse shape for not much less money. But not everyone wants to spend their time & money bringing a tool back to life.

Kirk

I know, and I don't mind putting some work and money into it. The way I saw it was 150.00 for a vfd, 400.00 for a biesemeyer, and probably 100.00 for a used extention. At 950.00 that puts the saw into a "not too great a deal" class.

Mark,

Was this saw in Shakapee, MN? If so, the seller has been trying to dump it for sometime on Craig's list. He started at $800.00, tried the "leaving town must sell" and other tricks. Rumor has it, he bought it in Hudson for $300. I doubt if he knew what he was buying. Probably though the could flip it for an easy profit.

Bill

No Bill, About 1300 miles south of there.