Thread: sCOREd!

sCOREd!

OK, it took a little longer than I wanted, and I didn't make the tolerances too close so that I would get them all, but here they are, my first mass coring, ready to go into boxes till November or so.
    Largest is 14 1/2 roughed. I AnchorSealed the outsides.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Change One Thing

Wow - Congrats! Looks like it was quite the job! You sure are going to have some beautiful bowls when they are finished!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

That sure is some purty Ambrosia!!

Nice work... Looking forward to seeing them finished. Who ordered the funnel?

Thanks folks, I'm feeling pretty good about this so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by David E Keller View Post
    Nice work... Looking forward to seeing them finished. Who ordered the funnel?
    You mean the "MIRROR FRAME!!!"
    Seriously, that's how I knew it was time to quit the first night. It was a dumb mistake on my part... I have one more mid sized bowl to core, but it was giving me trouble LAST night, so I stopped... I don't need it for the order so I'll let it rest for now.
    Change One Thing

You could put a pedestal on it and call it a compote! Made it custom just for them!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Great looking bunch of bowls George. Absolutely beautiful funnel.
    Well done.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

8. nice coring job

That is awesome dude!

Dang, George, that's more than I do in a whole day, and you did all those before breakfast!

But seriously, please refresh failing memory re. what coring system you use. Going to be some beautiful bowls about time for Christmas presents.
    Richard in Wimberley

Thats some nice wood you have there. Great job coring. Ken

Sure is a way to save wood. How many bowls have I turned into shavings? Looks like a corer could EASILY pay for itself in no time. Nice job.

that looks like such a fun day.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Madison View Post
    Dang, George, that's more than I do in a whole day, and you did all those before breakfast!

But seriously, please refresh failing memory re. what coring system you use. Going to be some beautiful bowls about time for Christmas presents.
    I have the OneWay system. A friend needed to raise some capital and I wanted a coring system AND I happened to have a few bucks at the time, so I bought that one. Unless I'm too tired to think, it works really well and is pretty uncomplicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Stewart View Post
    Sure is a way to save wood. How many bowls have I turned into shavings? Looks like a corer could EASILY pay for itself in no time. Nice job.
    "Pay for itself?" Only if you are going to sell bowls. I hadn't really planned on it, but it was another (toy um) TOOL and that WAS the reason that I gave for "needing" it. Then this woman contacted me to make bowls, so now the toy becomes a profit making tool.

I have to say, my wife has been really understanding about my turning "career." I started out telling her that I could probably be profitable in six months (and that was after one symposium and turning one pen I think that tells you how delusional I can be.), and she's supported me around this for a little over six years so far.
    Last year, I actually took in more than I spent, and this year looks like I MIGHT do the same.

Anyway, thanks again for the kind comments.
    Change One Thing

Outstanding maple, bowls should look fantastic when finished. That's one heck of a funnel.

Thanks George. I tried that other system and found the learning curve too steep to climb. Congrats on that bowl order!
    Richard in Wimberley