Thread: What to do with a scrap chair leg?

What to do with a scrap chair leg?

For those of you who build Maloof inspired rockers, if you scrap a back leg here's what you do.
    Stick it back in a corner and after you have hip surgery, make a cane out of it. Unique and very functional
    Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tom,
    Very nice... you must get stopped alot to talk about your cane.
    Just the other day I passed an elderly gentleman in town with a cane that was shaped as a hand saw. From a distance it looked like maple with a mahogany handle. I'll have to watch for him, (pretty small town). I bet he has some good stories.
    BRIAN

Where were you 13 months ago after I broke my hip and got a replacement?
    I would have been cruisin in style with one of those.
    Use the fence Luke

When I first glanced at the pic (before I read the text) I though you made the door knob so a dog could open the door!
    that was also before I enlarged the picture. I guess I should wear my glasses.
    Last edited by Rick Moyer; 04-27-2010 at 3:18 PM.

I guess that is a lesson to all of us, Rick. Thinks are not always as they seem?
    Tom

2 Chronicles 7:14

3000 years ago men cursed and beat the ground with sticks and they called it witchcraft. Today.......they call it golf. Scrap chair leg? Stick? Cow pasture pool anyone?

My first thought was to use it to whack unruly men over the head, but that's just me. You put it to a much better use. Very stylish!

It would also make a good possum poker if you need to make sure if one is alive or not.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    My first thought was to use it to whack unruly men over the head, but that's just me.
    Just like a woman.
    Might be put to better use giving it to a caveman to clunk his woman over the head.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    Just like a woman.
    Might be put to better use giving it to a caveman to clunk his woman over the head.
    I yam what I yam!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

It is very stable, being made from mesquite. After church last week, the little hell-yuns (every church has them) were running through the foyer. The 7 year old hit the cane (luckily I had my full weight on it) and it didn't budge. He almost went down, but I thought, there are other ways to not spare the rod.
    Tom

2 Chronicles 7:14