Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby Steps

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Winterowd View Post
    Man, I totally feel you. I can't tell you how often I've walked into my shop, looked at the mess, and walked back out without building anything. I've been chipping away at getting everything reorganized, and I finally got over feeling frustrated by spending my time working on my shop instead of feeling like I was working in my shop. I don't have any deadlines, and shop projects can be good opportunities for learning.
    Matt,
    I'm glad you got rid of that old Tormek, now I have to find a place for it instead.
    I really like this thread. I built a new shop with room for what I thought was everthing.....1300 square feet! It use to be in my basement and only took up a third of 1500 feet. Now go figure, I can't walk in the new shop for all the stuff, I think junk expands. I've got to get control of it.

My biggest problem is that I am not organized, and maybe by nature a slob. I try to return things like Glenn Bradley does, but that soon falls by the wayside, also I have a hard time getting rid of little scraps, which soon build up to be a big scrap pile. Even after just going through this major overhaul, and finding a place for everything I am already accumulating *stuff*, I am going to have to find spots for. I think I could have a shop as big as a hanger, and still end up with a jumbled mess.

Blog Entries
    Got some more shop time in today. Thanks to Josh (son) we got another Peg Board area up w/ small shelf. I'll just need to make some brackets for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Have a Nice Day!