Thread: Hope for major media attention.

Hope for major media attention.

Just as a shot in the dark, today I sent an Email message to Bill O'Reilly, The O'Reilly Factor, Fox News. Below is the text of the Email, and I would urge others to also send a "pithy" note extolling the freedom pens project. Remember no bloviating, that is Bill's job.

"
    Bill, I applaud your stanch support of our soldiers overseas. Let me bring to your attention another effort which started at the grass roots level and continues on today with nationwide participation. The "freedom Pens" project was initiated the first part of this year by a single woodworker in Virginia, and has now grown to thousands across the nation. To date the project as shipped over 20,000 hand made pens to our troops overseas thus enabling them to write to loved ones at home. Detailed information can be found at www.freedompens.org.
    "

Perhaps, with a few more of us dropping an Email, we could get some good INTERNATIONAL coverage as the Fox News Netowrk is carried worldwide, except Canada(go figure).
    Best Regards, Ken

Good Idea , Ken. I have tried for some coverage from local TV, no luck yet. I'll try your note, especially when they talk about supporting our troops.
    Thanks, Earl

Ken,

Jackie and I have sent email to Bill O'Reilly, Montel Williams, Oprah Winfrey and a few others over the last few months and not one of them returned or acknowledged our messages. We will try again though, maybe if a couple hundred of us send email to "The Factor" it would make a difference.
    The email address is;

oreilly@foxnews.com

Diddo ...I sent O'Riley a letter and included a couple of the letters from the soldiers in it as well....If we could flood (at least make it damp) his mailbox maybe they would take note and at least give us a mention....Lets hope
    Craig Fyock

Member: Dallas Area Woodturnes
    Hunt County Woodturners

Thanks to all those who sacrifice to keep us safe and free!!!

Talking Success! (Albeit a little smaller than Bill O'Reilly!)

After some letter writing and phone calling here in Round Rock, Texas, I have convinced our local paper, The Round Rock Leader, to do a story on the project!

They arrive at 9 on this Wednesday to take some photos and get some information for the article! Woo Hoo!!

Every little bit helps, and I'm very excited to be able to help the project out!!

I'll post a link as soon as the story is available!

- m