Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

3 May 2010

Good Morning,
    Well, I sure hope each of you had a better weekend than I did. With all the severe thunderstorms and tornadoes running around the entire state, that made for a very nervous wife, which means I don't get any sleep until the tornado threats are gone. My prayers go out to all those that were hard hit by these storms and tornadoes this past weekend.

My dad has now started chemo for his cancer. They still don't know what type of cancer it is. They just say that it's a very rare cancer and nobody seems to know how to identify it. Radiation treatments were done 2 weeks ago and they don't think radiation did any good...so off we go into the hard world of chemo.

I have another chair to repair and the real problem is that the wife tripped over the chair and broke it in 2 places. Now I get to figure out how to both repair a chair as well as fixing all the loose joints. I guess this chair will be my biggest challenge yet.

Well, that's it for me...so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Lots of stuff around the house. Yard work including mowing, trimming, and planting a small garden right behind the garage with peppers, tomatoes, some different herbs, romaine lettuce, and a few peas and green beans. Its a week or 2 early for that but because of its location the frost risk is low and should one be forecast we can cover it easy enough. Tried to fix a leaky sillcock and decided its terminal, which stinks because they used commercial ones and I can't just pop it out and replace with a new one so I'll have to do some plumbing work and do some concrete patching. Finished up the trim work which was my responsibility from a project we had someone do over the winter to install a door at the bottom of our formerly open basement stairs. Got the patio furniture out. And built some mobile bases documented in another thread.

It was snowing most of the day, so I started putting back together my Ryobi AP-10 thickness planer. It's been torn apart for 3 months now. I got the motor and gear box reassembled and it sounds good. Maybe one of these days I'll get the rest of it up and running.

Blog Entries

weekend accomplishments

Mostly, I recovered from jet lag. But I did build a box and worked on the final small issues on the Bathroom remodel. I'll post pics and a link to higher resolution photos on the Projects Forum.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Saturday worked around the house.

Sunday....yardwork all day.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Managed to drag a Sawstop PCS home! We were able to fit it in the back of our small SUV....just barely. But it's still in there...haven't been able to get the big box out yet, lol.

Building a cabinet that will store all my sharpening gear for hand irons and turning tools. At this point the box is assembled; I'll be working on the top and drawers tonight. Designing a vacuum chucking system and researching parts on the web. Still had time to do some yard work and measure our patio doors so that I can order tinting film, we have to do something to block as much uv light and heat as possible to make the room usable. Spent 1.5 hrs at a neighbor boy's baseball game, he does a bit of yard work for me from time to time and asked if I would be interested in going to a game. He's 14 years old, 6'2" & 185lbs. pitches, plays 1st, 3rd, left and right fields, does well at the corners I guess. Took the wife to a fancy golf course resteraunt Saturday night, great atmosphere, run of the mill food. After dinner had my cousin and his family over to watch the Cavaliers woop up on the Celtics, now that was fun. I don't suppose the rest of the series will be that much fun, the Celts give us fits. Sunday revolves around church. Rather uneventful weekend.

I went shopping!! Bought $1000 worth of wood from the mill!!! Mostly Cherry, but "had to have" some other stuff I saw: Black Walnet, Curley maple and some wormy Maple... ever seen that?? It's friggin cool looking. Can't wait to create a project for it!! yeah - I'm nuts. I got a nice piece of Redheart, too. I started a box last night with the Curley Maple and Redheart as accent! Cool contrast!

Bought the Grr-ripper Advanced and a SandDevil, too!

I also re-arranged my shop (Ye Morning Wood Shoppe) so that all that wood could go on one wall rack system that I also put up!! It was leftover brackets I had from a green house I used to have (soon to become a drying shed/kiln...)

I was BUSY!

I also continued a glue up on a TV Stand I've had in my way in the Shoppe for way too long now!

We also had to bury a good friend "Mickey Mouse" the ferret. May she rest in peace! (My daughter named her)

Continuing to pray for you guys Dennis.

I replaced 8 planter boxes in the veggie garden and got most of them planted. That pretty much consumed most of the weekend for me.

Hope everyone has a great week!!!

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Robinson View Post
    Managed to drag a Sawstop PCS home! We were able to fit it in the back of our small SUV....just barely. But it's still in there...haven't been able to get the big box out yet, lol.
    Stealth gloat!!! Congrats!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I documented my shop time in my shop rehab thread. Now to paint!
    Mowed, rebuilt the sprinkler pump (it actually works now!) and burned a little dead fall debris before the wind picked up too much...about 1/3 of what I had piled up. Listened to the end of the Texas/Seattle BB game while picking up a headboard off of CL with/for my wife and the guest bedroom. Still need to attach it to the bed frame. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Blog Entries
    Best wishes to your family Dennis. This weekend I finished up six music boxes that I have been fooling around with in between larger projects. Besides that, the only other thing in the shop was a big cleanup detail. I had been ignoring the ever increasing amount of scrap wood that was accumulating and I am getting ready to start another table project and didn't want to start off with a mess in the shop, so I spent about an hour cutting down all of the scrap into kindling size pieces for next years wood stove burning season and spent another hour doing general clean up and returning everything to its rightful place.

Tonight after dinner, I am going to begin to measure up and sketch out the plans for the companion table to the coffee table that I built about two or three months ago.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!