Thread: Grizzly 4-Jaw Chuck

Grizzly 4-Jaw Chuck

Does anyone know the thread size of the chuck itself. I need to know if another adapter besides the one that comes with it can be used. The reason is, the machine that i'm using has a 5/8 plain spindle. Sorby as well as others make this adapter, but I can't find it offered with the Grizzly.

Thanks Dwight

You need to be more specific; Grizzly has a lot of 4 jaw chucks, both scroll chucks and engineer's chucks. See: Grizzly Chucks

Sorry, i was talking about the h6265 4 jaw wood chuck.

thanks

It says in the first part before you click on it that it is a 1"X8 TPI

I don't know the thread size in the chuck body off hand. But, psi sells an adapter to go from a 1/2" spindle (think Shopsmith here) to a 1"x8 thread common to many lathes. Using this adapter in addition to the 1"x8 should get the chuck mounted to your setup...Bill..

The 5/8 smooth bore is for the ShopSmith. Penn State Industries makes a 5/8 smooth bore to 1 inch 8 adapter: ShopSmith Adapter

It works fine; I've been using one for years.

Have a feeling that what Dwight is looking for is an adapter like the one in Frank's link that mates with the internal thread of the chuck body. So one of us needs to take their chuck apart and measure the thread? If so, might be a local machine shop special. Maybe better to go with the shopsmith adapter in Frank's post and 6265 chuck.
    Richard in Wimberley

Thanks for all the reply's. The shopsmith adapter that Frank mentioned was what i was looking for. I know it's a Shopsmith, but you have to learn on something.

Thanks Dwight