Thread: Lap desk plan/ideas

Blog Entries

Lap desk plan/ideas

I have been finding myself having to operate my laptop computer while traveling in a car lately and I REALLY HATE using the touchpad or those stupid eraser head things on the keyboard. So I began to look around for a lap desk to put my computer on so I could use a regular mouse. The ones I have found so far don't suit me, or are $40 - $50. Which is too much as far as I'm concerned. So I thought I could make myself one out of 1/2" BB plywood. The more I though about it, the more I came up with ideas that would add to functionality. Such as storage compartments for pencils and such, a work light on a flexible rod. Maybe, make it so it would fold up and be stored in my PC bag.
    Have any of you guys made one of these, or know where I can get a plan for one?
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Blog Entries
    Unless you are really dying to make your own, there are numerous options out there for $40 or less. Just do a google search for "travel lap desk"
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Unless you are really dying to make your own, there are numerous options out there for $40 or less. Just do a google search for "travel lap desk"
    Lee,
    I already have the BB plywood, Plus, I thought I could customize it to fit my needs. I actually don't have much free time these days, due to my work schedule. A small 2 or 3 evening project really sounds like it would be fun to do and get me some much needed shop time. Plus, I'm thinking this would be a $5 project, instead of $40.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.