Thread: peachtree brand parallel clamps...

peachtree brand parallel clamps...

Has anybody used these??? 2 - 24" & 2 - 40" w/ 4 framing blocks... $89.99 They seem to be modeled after the Bessey K-Body's.

I am thinking about snagging quite a few of these. If they are pretty good, I'll get them. If they are junk, I'll keep saving...

scroll about 75% of the way down, part #'s 3217-3221

http://www.ptreeusa.com/barClamps.htm

Thanx,

shotgunn
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

More is DEFINITELY more!!!

They are not complete junk, but they are not the best either. The clutch mechanism makes it hard to adjust the clamps, that is if the clutch is working correctly. I pick 8 up a while back, and 2 or 3 of them have bad clutch plates. I still have to contact Peachtree for replacements. I remember a few people here reporting the same problem, and they said P-tree replaced them promptly.

If I had to buy these over again, I probably wouldn't. I'd save for the Besseys or Jets. I have 4 Jet clamps, and they are great. Of course, since I have these P-trees, I'll make do, and replace them as funds become available.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

FWIW, FWW had them in the bottom half of the pack. Not horrible, but the Jet's and Bessey's were rated much higher overall.

If you are willing to wait I would get the Jets or Jorggys. I have had most of the brands of parallel clamps and sold all but my Jets and am working on building up my collection of them. The Jorggys are almost as good and I would be happy with them if it weren't for the Jets. Now if I could just find a "resonably priced" F clamp I liked as much I would be happy.

I have that set. Got them from ptree during an e-club special. They seem decent. Only used them once so far, and they did what they are supposed to do. The clutch mech is a little tough to operate at times. I also have a similiar Bessey K Body set, the Bessey is definitely a better set, but the original K body deals are gone for now!

I don't have the Peachtree brand

but have a couple of the pre-WoodRiver woodcraft ones. I suspect they're like a lot of Asian sourced stuff--"what color would you like it?". Woodline sells a line of parallel clamps that I'll bet come off the same line.

I have the red Peachtree Parallel PRO clamps. I don't recommend them. Despite the clutch being replaced several times, they continue to fail sporadically.

+1 for holding out for Besseys or better.

Have them and hate them. Save a little more and buy the Bessey's you'll never
    look back.

And if you find good deals on the Bessey K Body sets, the originals not the REVO's, please post!