Thread: Rikon 20-100 Jointer

Rikon 20-100 Jointer

Does anybody have any experience with this jointer? There is a deal going on right now, Rikon is reducing inventory and resellers have these jointers at $349.00. I have been leaning towards the Grizzly G0452, because it is in my budget. I like the Jet but don't have $750.00.

Any thoughts?

Probably shouldn't respond as I don't have any experience with it. But I am looking at it, and I'm impressed that it's available for $349. Um, mind sharing where?

The Grizzly is nice, and it has the built in mobile base thing, which is a great feature. I don't love the lever adjustment for the infeed table, though. The Rikon and Jet have wheels for both tables...

But otherwise they all seem to be essentially the same machine....

The Jet is $693 at amazon with free shipping, the Griz is $499 delivered. If the Rikon can be had for $349...I think I'm there.

Here I go again responding to my own posts...

Note there is only one review on amazon for the 20-100, and it's pretty negative. I take amazon reviews with a grain of salt, especially when there's only one or two. Still, perhaps worth noting.

I saw the Amazon review as well. I was at my local Woodcraft today and the owner told me that Rikon sent out a broadcast email to all their resellers that they wanted to clear some inventory. They wanted to reduce stock by 240 units, and place orders for what they wanted. Once the 240 were gone that was it. My local Woodcraft ordered 4 of them and they came in today. I guess check locally to see if there are any available.

The 20-100 version only has a 1 hp motor, the cutter head is only 2.5 in diameter. So there are some things that are a little bit less than another machine. The grizzly G0452 can be had at Amaozon for $425, free shipping and no tax.

I own one but haven't had the chance to use extensively yet. But I have one piece of info on it. I decided to buy it due to the price myself and went to my local woodworking store and said I would like to buy it. They said it would take 3 weeks to get a new one and asked if I wanted to buy the floor model. I waffled about it but decided to get it. Got it home and was getting it set up and I was adjusting the infeed table and heard a pop and then the table went all the way down to the lowest level. I couldn't find the broken piece so I gave Rikon a call. The guy on the phone told me to check this one piece (cant remember the name right now) and sure enough that was it. They shipped me out the part and it was here in 3 days and they offered to walk me through replacing it on the phone. So Rikon service was very good and I recommend that. As far as the part that was broken I am sure its due to the fact the table being locked and people trying to adjust it while locked.

It has dovetailed tables and the knives have screws to adjust the height which I think is a nice feature especially for the price. So far I am happy with the purchase.