Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norm's Adirondack Chair Templates -- HELP!!!

Norm's Adirondack Chair Templates -- HELP!!!

I am hoping that I can call on the generosity of a fellow Creeker to get me outta the dog house! I am in quick need of a set of templates for Norm's Adirondack Chair. I was supposed to build a set last year, and my wife is right on the verge of spending waaaaay too much money on store-bought chairs. So, I would absolutely be willing to pay for somebody's effort to trace out the templates and mail them off to me.

Thanks very much in advance for helping me out!!

Regards,

Keith
    "Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker. "

You can also buy them online from Newyankee dot com. There's a note there that they've discontinued the original Adirondack design in favor of the improved version from later in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Kay View Post
    You can also buy them online from Newyankee dot com. There's a note there that they've discontinued the original Adirondack design in favor of the improved version from later in the series.

Hi Russ. Do you know if the measured drawings come with FULL SIZE templates? I'd really like to just slap them down on the wood and go to town.

- Keith
    "Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker. "

Google Jake's chair.

I have an autocad drawing somewhere of all the parts. It would be very simple to scale them up to full size. None of the parts are to complex.

Plus it is free with a cool back story.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

I'll second Jake's chair, my only change was to narrow them down by 6", the original design was too big to be comfortable for me.

6. jakes chair

I down loaded plans to pdf.

when I tried to open pop up said opening could corrupt my files.

computer is mac 10.5.8

processor 2.4 800 MHz DDR2 5DRAM

browser - firefox

I clicked the mac download.

thanks for any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by kent borcherding View Post

computer is mac 10.5.8

browser - firefox

Sorry, misunderstood, the files were corrupted, rather than risking a virus. Yes, the windows version works fine.
    Last edited by Jim Terrill; 05-08-2010 at 4:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kent borcherding View Post

computer is mac 10.5.8

browser - firefox

Try the windows download. The files for the mac download were corrupted for me as well but I could still open the windows files. I am also using 10.5.8
    Hardware - Shopbot PRSstandard 48x96 with PC router.
    Software - Aspire 2.5, Partworks, Cut 3D, Photo V-Carve
    Open Source/Free - Inkscape, Open Office.

Keith,

I have Norm's "updated" chair plans. They don't come full-sized, so I enlarged them. I can trace out a copy if you want - PM me.

Is there someplace that can host about 13MB of files? If so, I can upload AutoCAD DWF files that contain full size patterns of Norm's Adirondack Trio.

Keith, I have templates I made (original version) many years ago, but I have no idea where they are in my shop. They are made with 1/2" MDF. But honestly, they were very easy to layout, cut and sand to shape.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Stevens View Post
    Is there someplace that can host about 13MB of files? If so, I can upload AutoCAD DWF files that contain full size patterns of Norm's Adirondack Trio.
    I just found out about the Rapidfire website, and remembered this message - here's a link to the AutoCAD DWF files - http://rapidshare.com/files/41753990...e_Drawings.zip -print these on 36"x48" sheets, a free DWF file viewer is included in the zip file. NOTE: this file can only be download 10 times since I'm not a premium member, if someone here is a premium member, please reupload this file so that everyone who wants the full size patterns has a chance to get them.

Blog Entries
    Really not trying to hijack because the OP needs the templates, but I'm curious as to what changes the new chair has to the old ones. I don't recall seeing the "new" chair show. I have made several of the old style and it seems difficult to improve on them much.

To the OP - I loaned my templates to a friend but if you get into a bind, I can get them back and trace them on a piece of buther paper or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Dorn View Post
    I'm curious as to what changes the new chair has to the old ones. I don't recall seeing the "new" chair show.
    The chair portion is the same as the previous one, the 'trio' adds a foot rest and a side table to match the chair style.

Keith, I have full sized templates and would be happy to help you out. Send me a PM with your address and I'll send you full sized copies