Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turner Interview Nominees solicited.

Already sent this in a PM, but here goes......... I nominate Jeff Nicol.
    Mike Svoma

"There is nothing sexier than a woman in camoflage"

3 people come to my mind for an interview; Leo Van Der Loo, Jeff Nicol, and Reed Gray. All of these guys have been a real asset to this hobby/profession/addiction.
    .........Tony.........

Reed Gray has already been interviewed: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=38802
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Leo Van Der Loo is a great guy..... he's in London and I have met him a few times..
    Take care,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Brown View Post
    I would also suggest David Walser. I especially want to know why "the blue line is to aid in grain alignment" (see David's pen tutorial post). We can also include the younguns, and ladies.
    The "blue line" could be pink or black, or white or fushia....
    It's just so you get the pen's top and bottom parts aligned correctly with the grain. (Put the lined pieces together on the pen mandrel, after you saw them in two)

Edit: Oh yeah!! I'd love to read an interview with Jim Shaver. Nicest pens in Canada!!
    Last edited by Allen Neighbors; 05-10-2010 at 1:28 PM.
    Allen
    The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
    And.... I'm located just 1,075 miles SW of Steve Schlumpf.

I second John Keeton, and nominate William Bolen.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh Allan!
    Take care,
    Jim

Richard Madison, i enjoyed his Lost my Marble piece, and he does chunck wood turning also

Wow, thanks Charlie. I appreciate your thinking of me, but I'm really not very interesting (yawn). Has Neal Addy been interviewed yet? He's a multi-talented fellow with an excellent and very helpful website.
    Richard in Wimberley

Neal, I am pretty sure, was interviewed several years ago.

Neal is an extremely talented and helpful turner!

Here's Neal's interview: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=62960
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 05-10-2010 at 9:01 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I vote for Leo, his work is always interesting and he has 4 names, can't beat that.

I'd like to see both Leo Van Der Loo and Jeff Nicol intervied. They both always seem like they have a lot to offer on here.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem

Leo and Jeff good choices!

I have to say John Keeton. Good work, good personality and what I really noticed was very personable. In some ways I hate to mention somebody because everybody I have come in contact with on here is very nice, very helpful and I wished I could work with most because I am sure it would be a learning experience...

I will quit rambling now...lol
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

I am blushing!

Thanks to all who have thrown my name into the hat! I always have lots to say and enjoy all of the questions from everyone!

I will toss my vote to Leo also, we don't always see eye to eye, but the man has seen more of life than I have and I believe he has lots of great stories to tell. It looks like he has a great shop and lots of toys, errrr....TOOLS!!!

Thanks again,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown