Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

10 May 2010

Good Morning,
    This week is the week we spend preparing for my daughter's high school graduation this coming Saturday. It's already been busy with all the things we need to get done prior to her graduation, but we are so proud of her.

I'm in the middle of repairing another chair. This one has been repaired a few times before and is presenting me a greater challenge that I've bargained for. I just wish I knew a source or two on getting chairs "apart". Loose joints that won't come completely apart and getting joints apart so I can redo the entire chair is my real problem. Any Hints????

Work has been crazy at the day job and my dad starts his chemo tomorrow. I feel so bad for my dad and my mom. My heart and prayers go out to them both as I love them desperately.

Well, that's it for me....so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Finished the exterior items on out new front door. After installed our new wood door last week, I still needed to replace the door bell buttons once they came in on our order. So, before Mothers Day, we wanted some working door bells. I ran the old wiring to the new door where it still fitted with regards to length, and added some wiring to the other bell button where it was a bit too short[door sits further away from the house than the old door did]. That was about it, house wise. Getting brunch set-up for all the moms at our house on Sunday took most of the weekends time.

Sat, finished painting the cab for under the extension table. Started with the poly for the drawer boxes. Returned some stuff to HD, forgot to take propane tanks with me to fill up. (Still in garage empty. ) Sunday, left just before 10:00 and drove to the parents house at Lake Texhoma. Fixed lunch for them, and had a great visit. Back home by about 6:00. Watched the last inning of the Rangers/Royals game, then finished the last coat of poly on the drawer boxes. Mounted the base and the cabinet into the mobile base. Will try to tackle the drawer slides this evening. And maybe decide how the lower door will get mounted. I'll probably just use some magnetic catches as the door has to lift out, can't swing it with hinges. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Saturday I helped build 9 mobile bases and unload what I just found out was 3900 bd-ft of lumber (100-something of which is mine.) Sunday, breakfast with LOML, ran some errands, visited my dad, then spent a few hours working on some rearranging in the shop.

Hung some new flourescent 8 foot lights in my garage. Did not realize how dark my workplace was until those bad boys went in. Clamped up some pieces of veneer on a restoration project (antique buffet).

And got sun burnt on the new boat Sunday in it's maiden voyage. New to me, was my wife's grandfathers. First boat I've owned since my 10 foot aluminum boat with trolling motor my dad bought me when I was 10 yo.
    I'm a Joe of all trades. It's a first, it'll catch on.

Blog Entries
    I began to rough out and mill to size, the various parts that will go into the fabrication of the mating table to the recent coffee table that I built about two months or so ago. That is about all that went on in the shop this weekend as I spent quite a bit of time with our grandson that we had for the weekend as mommy and daddy were busy attending a wedding a couple of hours away.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

Congrats on A's upcoming graduation, Dennis!!!

I actually did do a "woodworking" project this weekend. We have an old dug well in front of the 250 year old stone portion of our home that has been a flower bed for many years as well as briefly serving as a small pond before we built the bigger one off the back patio in 2005. On Monday morning, Professor Dr. SWMBO arrived in the kitchen to feed the birds and glanced out the window...the flower bed was gone. Completely. Inside the stone well was now a 15'+ deep hole. The abyss, as we're now referring to it. I'm guessing that ground water "ate away" at all the material that the previous homeowner and we had used to fill up the well to the point that was was left this weekend wasn't able to support itself anymore. So it dropped. A long way. Given a good bit of the fill was stone and pieces of concrete, this hole must have been a good bit deeper than it is now, too. (There's 45" of water at least at the bottom) At any rate, I toodled off to the building materials place I now commonly use and brought home a bunch of PT lumber and sheet stock to build a solid cover for the well for safety reasons. Maybe we'll fill it in again someday or cap with concrete, but for now, nobody's going to fall into it.

Aside from that, I played mason pointing stone on the other side of the structure around a doorway that I had to rip out the termite infested (and old) boards, had two strenuous riding lessons and cooked a nice Mother's Day dinner.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Your kids are growing up Dennis. Soon you'll be like us, you will have a house that is quiet and clean.

I worked in the yard and garden so no progress on the chairs ...again...hopefully sometime soon.

Everyone have a blessed week!!!

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]