Thread: Gripe turns into a gloat & another gloat & a GREAT DAY

Gripe turns into a gloat & another gloat & a GREAT DAY

About a month ago H/F had a sale on a pancake compressor -2hp 4.2cft/m @ 90 psi for $89.00 ea. When I went in to look at it I found that they had one that was returned. The previous purchaser said it didn't work (they didn't know how to turn it on) and brought it back. Got it for another $20.00 now 69.00.

I was looking for one to use with a power sander. The sander only uses 3cft/M and the compressor develops 4.2cft/M. Should work - producing 1.2 cft/m more than needed and had a 4 gal tank. Should work ...........Right?

WRONG - I start sanding and it consistently runs out of air.

Went yesterday in to talk to H/F about it. After some discussions, they decided that since the sander is continous duty, a higher volumn was needed. They had a 5HP 8gal Tank unit on sale for $99.00. Long story short I got an even swap!

Next I went to Woodcraft to update my "Wish list" for Christmas. I have been thinking about getting an Incra 1000SE and was looking at the capabilities when I noticed that they had an Incra 5000 with slider table sitting on a table. I asked if they were closing it out. I was told that they were. Another long story made short. After some negotiotions, Got the 5000 for just a minimul amount over the cost of the 1000SE.

Then (and this is off topic), but I bowl for fun in a seniors league. Three games: 257, 220, 244 for a 721 series .......not too bad for an OLD man of 62. Finally got to take LOML out to dinner for our 37th wedding anniversary.

Talk about a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy am I lucky

Bruce

Bruce,
    Sounds like you had a great day.
    I love it when a day comes together like that.
    Wes Newman

"Where did all of my money go? "

Congratulations Bruce on a great series and some nice tools.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Bruce, that's really disgusting!! And I was going to go to Woodcraft this afternoon and decided not to.

Great Scores,
    Spence

Idyllwild CA Southern Ca in the mountians 100 miles east of LA
    Doesn't get any better that that unless it SNOWS..

Jim from Idyllwild CA

YoDaMan

Bruce you are indeed a fortunate man! Sometimes bad things turn into good things if you handle it in a gentlemanly manner as you did! Good score and gloat!
    Jerry

You are blessed indeed!

What makes you think 62 is old sport?
    Work safe, have fun, enjoy the sport.
    Remember that a guy never has to come down out of the clouds if he keeps filling the valleys with peaks. Steve

First ....... For Spence! "You snooze - You Lose!" How many times have I told you not to take an afternoon NAP! HeHe

Jim ............. You Better NEVER let LOML hear you say that! She Hates SNOW! Several years ago ..... about 7-8 ..........We had a snow storm on top of freezing rain. With her luck, she got hit Three (that's right 3) times in less than a half hour. Her car that is, but she was in it each time.

Steve ............. Sometimes 62 feels like 150! Especially when Arthur Itis decides to remind me how bad I was to my body when I was young!

Just couldn't pass up telling you all about the good times.

Bruce

We all need a good day every now and them.
    Gives you something good to look forward to.
    Thanks for sharing
    ---I may be broke---but we have plenty of wood---

721 ain't bad for an old man.

I was a serious bowler until recently...just got to where I wasn't willing to spend the time (or money) necessary to stay competitive. I think I've been quit almost three years now. ...but somebody's reopening the local center...and I'll be making the 'transition' to 'just for fun' when that happens.

KC

11. Congratulations on your scores! When will we see pictures of same? The picture police are coming, I hear the sirens revving up...
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees Can't have a minutes rest. The compressor isn't getting unpacked till tomorrow. Don't want to get pinched by the Picture police. Photos will follow!
    Ya happy now Mike? (hehe)

Bruce
    Last edited by Bruce Shiverdecker; 11-21-2004 at 12:41 AM.