Ok guys, here's something to mull over. I have just finished laying down the Pergo flooring in my new bar room (pics posted in Woodworking forum) and I have a substantial amount left over. Can't return the balance, as it was special order and I don't want to store it. I will be building a sixteen foot long bar for this room and although it wasn't originally planned, I was thinking about if it was possible to use the Pergo planking for the surface of the bar top. I called Pergo and they said that while I could probably use it for that purpose, it wasn't intended for that and hence, would not be honored by a guarantee. Well, I assumed that anyway.

But I was thinking that it would certainly stand up to the daily life of a bar top. The flooring guarantee states that water can be left standing on the floor up to thirty minutes before voiding the warranty. So if I am diligent about cleaning up any "moisture" on the bar surface, that shouldn't be a problem. I did ask about putting any kind of finish on the flooring (I wanted to use a two part epoxy for a built up appearance) and they told me - no, no finish should be applied.

l would probably want to glue the planking down to a subsurface, but I am slightly worried about movement and what gluing might do. We are not talking very wide here. Maybe up around twenty two to twenty four inches wide. Forget right now what I have written down in the plans.

Anybody have any thoughts on this application whether they be yeahs or neys? Any thoughts at all.