Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is a gloat?

Is there a way to decipher the term Gloat or at least put a few restrictions on it?

If I have all the money in the world and I buy any tool I want, I could post here daily and call it my gloat. It would meet the definition, but would happen so often that you people would see my post and just blow it off.

Now, if I have all the money in the world and I buy any tool I want that is on sale or at a discounted rate, I could call it my gloat and you could also cash in on the deal if it was something you were looking for also or could enjoy my gloat with me.

Just buying a tool to buy it because you want it is cool, but not necessarily a "gloat" by itself. By posting that it is more of a "Brag" and is juvenile. Throw in getting a good deal on it, then you have some substance!

Some have and some have not. Getting a cool tool for a cool price is something everyone can appreciate. Just posting to brag your latest conquest is tiresome!

I have alot of tools. Some I have gotten good deals on. Some I have gotten great deals on. Some I just bought because I needed them at the time. Some I bought because I thought they were cool. If I come across a great tool at a great price, I will post.

P.S. the last time I checked I didn't have all the money in the world. Wife and kids take care of that for me after each paycheck. lol

Quote Originally Posted by David Prince View Post
    Is there a way to decipher the term Gloat or at least put a few restrictions on it?

If I have all the money in the world and I buy any tool I want, I could post here daily and call it my gloat. It would meet the definition, but would happen so often that you people would see my post and just blow it off.

Now, if I have all the money in the world and I buy any tool I want that is on sale or at a discounted rate, I could call it my gloat and you could also cash in on the deal if it was something you were looking for also or could enjoy my gloat with me.

Just buying a tool to buy it because you want it is cool, but not necessarily a "gloat" by itself. By posting that it is more of a "Brag" and is juvenile. Throw in getting a good deal on it, then you have some substance!

Some have and some have not. Getting a cool tool for a cool price is something everyone can appreciate. Just posting to brag your latest conquest is tiresome!

I have alot of tools. Some I have gotten good deals on. Some I have gotten great deals on. Some I just bought because I needed them at the time. Some I bought because I thought they were cool. If I come across a great tool at a great price, I will post.

P.S. the last time I checked I didn't have all the money in the world. Wife and kids take care of that for me after each paycheck. lol
    This is kind of what I thought, hence the question. I wanted to know if I could disguise being a braggart as a "gloat". Really, I was just boasting. Thanks for indulging my poor taste.