Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Big Thank You to Jim McGrew

A Big Thank You to Jim McGrew

Jim hosted a great event over the weekend. Thanks to all who attended and shared their knowledge, and a big thanks to Jim.

For those of you couldn't attend, the Stinger is a great machine. And good grief, the mind just reels at all the possibilities for things to create with Aspire! I actually feel as if I could sit down with the software this morning and jump right in . . . that's how much I learned.

It was great to meet some fellow Creekers and I hope to see you all again at IWF in August.

BTW, Joey's BBQ was outstanding! Yum!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

well thank you we will see you in august!! bring corky he was a hang of a bunch of fun as well!!

I agree it was a great weekend I learned a lot about the machines, tooling and of course Aspire, thanks once again to all the people the gave there presentations it was well worth the long commute from WA to SC

Mick

There isn't much I can add about the Columbia gathering at Jim's. It has been covered very well and I am just another attendee that agrees that it was a great weekend. It was great to meet some new friends and visit with friends I had met in the fall. I am looking forward to IWF also.

The new stinger is great and that's what I would be running if it had been available last year when I bought my machine. It was exactly what I was looking for at the time. I have a mini Cobra now and am as happy as if I had good sense with it. Great machine.

Thanks Jim and Tim and Randall and Chuck and Ryan.

A great time and great food.

Russ

I 2nd 3rd and even more all the remarks posted here. Thanks Jim.

Oh Belinda the BBQ was all Jim. I got behind and had to call supperman magoo. But I think the oompa loompas has a lot to do with it.
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Jarrard View Post
    I 2nd 3rd and even more all the remarks posted here. Thanks Jim.

Oh Belinda the BBQ was all Jim. I got behind and had to call supperman magoo. But I think the oompa loompas has a lot to do with it.
    LOL, I bet the oompa loompas had a lot to do with it.

Thanks for all your time, Joey. It was great meeting and talking to you and Paul.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Hey McGrewru,

Thanks for hosting a great event! It was a pleasure meeting you and all the crew.

Many thanks to all of the sponsors (CAMaster, Vectric, SE Tool, Klingspor, etc..) and the presenters (Joey, Paul, Tim, Randall, Chuck, Ryan, etc..). You folks are all doing amazing work and give the rest of us something to Aspire to. You're also pretty much ordinary geniuses which is somewhat refreshing in comparison to the academic mileau that I am accustomed to. (see what I mean? pretty snobbish eh?)

Our order is in (CR408, X3, Vac, Recoil) so we'll be joining you soon, but it will be quite some time before we have much of value to add, I will try to keep SMCers posted as we get up to speed though.

-kevin

You can't achieve anything you don't attempt.

I'm sorry I missed it - How many attended? Will there be another?

kevin welcome to the family!! imagine that the univ of minn is kin!! look forward to coming up, i wanna help set up!!

rob i will probably wait until next year (unless the bug strikes) we will all be in atlanta in august for the IWF, send an email to

aspiregroup@mcgrewwoodwork.com and i will keep you informed

jim

Wish I could have made the trip down south. Sounds like Jim hosted a great event.
    Hardware - Shopbot PRSstandard 48x96 with PC router.
    Software - Aspire 2.5, Partworks, Cut 3D, Photo V-Carve
    Open Source/Free - Inkscape, Open Office.

Ok this is a good test, how are the gophers going to do with a cobra on campus. Kevin welcome to the fam.
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

Will there be a encore?

Once again .......
    I'm sorry I missed it - How many attended? Will there be another?

Quote Originally Posted by james mcgrew View Post
    kevin welcome to the family!! imagine that the univ of minn is kin!! look forward to coming up, i wanna help set up!!

rob i will probably wait until next year (unless the bug strikes) we will all be in atlanta in august for the IWF, send an email to

aspiregroup@mcgrewwoodwork.com and i will keep you informed

jim
    we had 85 in the first one 35 in the second, i will wait until next spring (unless i change my mind)

jim

Jim,

Thanks for the info. and thanks for sponsoring the event. That was great attendance!

One would think CAMaster would could afford to put on their own show. The hyping on SMC, the bulk order being coordinated and related publicity here are priceless.

I attended my DIL's med school graduation that weekend. I had committed 4 years ago. NYC - it's a nice place to visit but I couldn't afford to live there.

Are there any other CNC related shows "around town?"

Rob

Rob we have the IWF in August -

BTW CAMaster just got word of our booth number

#5968 and i have put another shameless contest on the CAMheads forum
    check it out @ http://www.camheads.org/showthread.php?t=194

Rob we would love to have you at the show!
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools