Quote Originally Posted by Bill Huber View Post
I bought the new one when it came out and had it about a week and sold it to Phil Thien here on the Creek.
I just like the way the old one worked better, it has the clamps made right into the jig and the new one you have to use a clamp on it.
Bill,

I really hate to make the 1/2" bushing the only reason. It looks to me you get more for your money with the older one. Looks like an extremely nicely made template jig, and from the feedback, very accurate. If I buy one, the fact you were able to use both and sold the newer one puts a lot of emphasis on me buying the older one. These are not cheap, and I will probably only ever buy one. I don't know strength issues of 3/8" vs. 1/2", but the joint would have to be stronger if I used more dowels if using 3/8". Not too many people have a chance to use both ones, and this is a strong point for me going with the older one, which appears to me to be their top quality one in looking at it and the price structure.

I will be giving it some thinking over in next few days and maybe Jessem will be back with me on the longer dowel question.

thanks for all the help here, it is appreciated.

greg