Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Refilling glue bottles

Another for Glu Bot. I have a couple of them with different types of glue. I use a fast setting white glue for dowel construction of cabinet carcases. On a busy week, I might fill the bottle several times. Other times it may sit a while when doing other types of jobs. The Glu Bots come thru well for both. I may pick out the tip once in a while, but I have never felt the need to rinse the bottle out.

I've got an old Elmers glue bottle that i've been refilling for maybe 8 or 9 years now. Never cleaned it yet.
    Mike Harrison

Use 16 oz. (500 ml) bottled water bottles. Always have those around. The mouth is wide enough so that you can fill them from the gallon jug without too much difficulty. You can pour from them onto the surfaces that you are planning to glue in a controlled manner. The mouth is wide enough so that you can also dip a small brush inside if you want to do a small glue up. When you get tired of a particular bottle, you can chuck it into the trash or recycling without wasting too much money.