Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giant bowl lathe

Not sure that is Trent Bosch. Doesn't look like his shop, and I don't remember a VB in there either. I looked at the VB's but they were tough to add accessories, and they were not great for spindles (I do mostly bowls but some spindle work as well). Oneway got my order!
    Man advances just in proportion that he mingles thought with his labor. - Ingersoll

Now this is a big bowl lathe.
    http://www.proserpinewoodturners.com/The_Big_Bowl.html
    Jim
    If you think you are too small to make a difference,
    Try sleeping in a dark room with a mosquito.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon McElwain View Post
    Not sure that is Trent Bosch. Doesn't look like his shop, and I don't remember a VB in there either. I looked at the VB's but they were tough to add accessories, and they were not great for spindles (I do mostly bowls but some spindle work as well). Oneway got my order!
    Yes, that is Trent. It is from one of his DVDs (I have that DVD).

Most of his shop is full of Vicmarcs. Interesting to hear he is a Robust dealer now.

I contacted the company in the UK to get the DVD on the VB36. Very interesting viewing. The most amazingly well engineered and designed lathe I have come across. I want one!!

Yeah that is definitely Trent Bosch. I did a screen capture from a youtube video staring him. I guess I should have gave him credit but I ignored the turner in favor of the giant lathe!

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Vb 36

I have had a VB since 2000, 3hp, purchased direct from Roger Buse. Met Roger the next year at an AAW annual symposia. Nice chap. Also have a Oneway 2436-3hp, stainless steel with extension. Both are superb for their intended use, ie. bed lathe vs pure bowl lathe. I purchased the long bed and quickly sold to fellow turner in Oregon. Realized quickly that the bed compromised accessibility from all directions to the work piece. My VB is now naked and still awesome after 10 years. In fact the Oneway and VB are the two wood lathes in which I have never found fault. Like most wood turners I have turned on and owned my share of wannabe wood lathes. When purchasing a wood lathe do not even think in terms of less than 3 grand unless you want to turn pens and little small things. Nothing wrong with pen turning, the Oneway 2436 does a fantastic job.

Happy Turning, David Woodruff...North Carolina