Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #2 and a long way yet to go!

#2 and a long way yet to go!

The wife asked me to make her a small candy dish for her desk at work when I had a chance. Well yesterday was that chance as I ended a piece of Osage that was a tad thick for a Turkey call.

Its small, 3 inchs x 2 inches or so. I still have a ton to learn but its round, it sits fine and I did not cus at it like the first one!

very nice, enjoy the learning curve

Nicely done - I like the wood and the grain orientation. No cussing??? I usually have to let my bowls sit upside down overnight to get rid of the bad words before passing them along to a civilized person

Good looking bowl Ken! I really like the composition of your photo! Nice work on both!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Ken, Nice bowl and nice grain alignment as Bob said, and about the right size. You don't want it to hold too much candy.
    Richard in Wimberley

That'll do nicely Ken.
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

It looks really nice -

Good looking bowl Ken. The learning curve does get easier.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Too thick for a turkey call?!?!?! Jeez Ken, part it down until it is thin enough!

Heck of a nice looking bowl. It is always wise to make whatever the wife asks for on the lathe. Makes them more supportive of future purchases. That's how I know how to make candle holders, tea lights and pepper mills.

I have put her off for a month or so...I like to keep her ansy

Ken, I have been away from the computer all day - great job!! And, I think I will just ship all my turnings to you for pics before posting!!

John, you turn my bowls I will take your pics haha!

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Ken, I have been away from the computer all day - great job!! And, I think I will just ship all my turnings to you for pics before posting!!
    same here.. like to see them..

Sweet. Simple and to the point. I like that. I'm still working on #2 myself. And I'm with Mr Keeton. The photo is excellent even though I would crop it a bit tighter. I could use some help with my photography... lessons?
    David DeCristoforo

David, I shoot over 3500 images a week, so editing a few for here just aint happening

Biggest thing I see around here is that people need to think "Contrast". The lighting seems pretty well covered for most, but if its a light subject, add some dark behind it in some form and vice versa for a darker object. It adds depth and clarity. Im guilt of forgetting as well with some of my backgrounds, but most of the stuff I post here is on my dining room table...and I use a camo jacket or two to add some atmosphere As I develope my website for my hunting calls I will apply more attention to the images....mostly outdoor stuff including the call in the image etc.