Thread: Is Sunhill Machinery still in business?

Is Sunhill Machinery still in business?

I have been trying to get in touch with Sunhill Machinery for the last few days. Their website is dead, 800 number constantly gives a busy signal, and toll number is no longer in service.

It looks like they may be out of business. Weren't they owned by another company that also made woodworking machinery?
    May all your turnings be smooth,

Brodie Brickey

Re: Sunhill Machinery
    The owner passed and the son took over the operation. My understanding is he was/is shutting it down or has shut it down. They were in the same building with Oliver Machinery(the one in Kent,WA-not local dealers), but have since moved out. You may be able to get a lead on parts and such by contacting the people at Oliver. Their service tech(Dan) there is familiar with the Sunhill equipment.

Tony
    Last edited by Tony Joyce; 05-19-2010 at 5:51 PM.
    "Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.”
    Friedrich von Schiller (1759-1805)

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
    Henry Ford

Tony,
    Thanks for the info. Sucks for me since I just installed their spiral cutterhead and noticed that one of the knives has a big nick in it.

Alex,
    The knife shouldn't be a big problem, other than being out of pocket. How would you like to have a wide belt whose display doesn't work right - for the second time in two years(replaced). Still call Dan, at the very least he'll know where to source the part. I won't swear, but I think he worked on the Sunhill machines.
    "Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.”
    Friedrich von Schiller (1759-1805)

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
    Henry Ford

I met the Sunhill owner a few years ago at a WW show and he told me that all those machines were made by Geetech as are most famous brands currently sold. Hope you can use this information to locate some geetech help.

Vijay

I have a Sunhill jointer and it say's Geetech on it. If you google Geetech they have a web page and they can be contacted. Worth a try!

I also heard that the son was going to relocate the company somewhere in California. The jointers they sold were in fact made by gee tech and you should be able to find parts.

Regards!
    Ed