Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grizzly Cyclone Drum Bags

Well like I said they are working well for me.

http://housewares.hardwarestore.com/...er-649284.aspx

These are the drum liners I buy at Home Depot for my Oneida cyclone.............Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Well like I said they are working well for me.
    Thanks again Matt. I don't disbelieve you. I hope you can understand my caution, as others have said they are using drum liners but the "drum liners" I bought are the Contractor's Choice variety from Lowes, 55 gal., which are 2 ft 11 3/4" wide or just under 72" circumference; which will not fit over an 88" drum. I just don't want to mail order some and still not fit, and was confused as to how those you mentioned and the ones Tom mentioned were less than 88" but still work. If you are sure about that number I'll just order some I guess. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    http://housewares.hardwarestore.com/...er-649284.aspx

These are the drum liners I buy at Home Depot for my Oneida cyclone.............Rod.
    Yeah Rod, they are the same as the one's I bought at Lowes under a different name. Exact same size, but they won't stretch over the Grizzly drum.

Drum liners fit Oneida drums because Oneida uses a standard fiber or steel drum. Grizzly designed their own wider, shorter drum. I don't have measurements of my drum handy but I remember the measured diameter * 3.14 being about 75-76" and the bag I selected fits snugly but without needing stretch.

I bought 36" wide bags and still not fit good.You need bag 38"or 40" wide.
    Jaromir

Quote Originally Posted by Jaromir Svoboda View Post
    I bought 36" wide bags and still not fit good.You need bag 38"or 40" wide.
    Yes that sounds about right. I'll probably order some like Matt got. His drum should be the same as mine only taller.

Rick:

I did not see your question on the 11th. the bags at http://www.webstaurantstore.com/cont...014046XXH.html are the ones I use. There is no stretching involved.

Tom

Drum liners fit Oneida drums because Oneida uses a standard fiber or steel drum. Grizzly designed their own wider, shorter drum. I don't have measurements of my drum handy but I remember the measured diameter * 3.14 being about 75-76" and the bag I selected fits snugly but without needing stretch.
    Thanks Matt, I was wondering why a drum liner wouldn't fit any drum................Regards, Rod.

Yeah, its actually a pretty well designed system because it allows you to fit the cyclone under an 8' ceiling if needed and the drum is designed to ship in 2 pieces to conserve space. You can attach the top 1/2 if you have the room and get a bigger drum. Their packaging is really well thought out on the G0441 to really pack everything into the minimum space needed. Pretty much no wasted volume in those boxes.

I'm back in town and measured my G0441's drum and found that it is 24-1/8" diameter at the rim. 24.124 * 3.14 = 75.75" dia.

I'm pretty sure the only difference between the G0441 and G0440 drums is that the G0441 comes with an extender to make the drum taller. Because its designed to fit inside the bottom during shipping the bottom would have a larger diameter. I don't have any giant calipers so I can't measure mine accurately but its probably enough that the 76" diameter bags wouldn't fit. HOWEVER--if you look in the same section on McMaster Carr's site as the bags I'm using there are 81" and 84" diameter bags. They are shorter, but then so is the G0440 drum.

I'm back in town and measured my G0441's drum and found that it is 24-1/8" diameter at the rim. 24.124 * 3.14 = 75.75" dia.........the 76" diameter bags......there are 81" and 84" diameter bags.
    Just a friendly note for anyone shopping for bags by size. Matt meant 75.75" circumference, 76" circumference, and 81"/84" circumference.

Oops--yes, that's what I meant

Just an update on this. I find that I can only reuse my bags 0 to 1 times. Often they'll get a small tear here and there from either a hunk of something that got sucked up by the cyclone, by the machine screws that hold the lid clamps, or just by handling. Still, pulling the bag, even with getting the retainer sleeve out, is a lot nicer than trying to carry out the drum and dump it. Especially on a cold, wet night.

I received confirmation last night that my new Grizzly G0441 cyclone is on the way. With my previous system I used surplus fiber drums I obtained locally under my cyclone. I had 2, so if the drum filled I had the option of pulling one out, sliding the new one in, and putting s lid on the other until I felt like dumping. Very handy when it filled up on a cold, rainy, winter night. With the new, I'll only have the one drum so I'm thinking of starting to use bags. I know Grizzly sells the bags and a holder, but no offense to Shiraz, they are very expensive, especially once shipping is added. I'm thinking it should be possible to find bags elsewhere at a little more reasonable price. Anyone have a source?

I'm thinking the bag holder can easily be fabricated from a piece of laminate I already have.
    I have this same collector and just stuck a no name branded HD lawn and leaf bag in it last night. Fit right in the drum and folded over the top just fine, no bag holder needed. I think the bags are the off brand that Lowes carries.

Don

Another update, my laminate bag holder only lasted about 2 years before cracking. I just broke down and ordered the Grizzly kit.