Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome our New Moderator - John Keeton!!!

There's a new sheriff in town!

(congrats John!)

Even being in the Creek just a short time, I always read what John has to say! Good choice I'm betting!

Congrats John,

MMc

Does this mean no fraternizing with the big dog?

John, I guess there is safety in numbers! The more watchers out there the better, I guess. Like everyone else has said do we have to post with the proper legaleze to get our stuff on now?

Oh and I would definitly vote for you to be senator, congressman or even the big job on the hill! Maybe I could be the cheif of foreign wood affairs and collect timber from all over the world!!!

Congrats my friend, (Go easy on me, I have a tender heart!)

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Congrats John. You have been extemely helpful to everyone here and I have learned a lot from you comments. Guess it is time to give up the law practice!

operation VORTEX is complete!
    Just cut off the parts that don't look like a bowl...

Congratulations on the promotion, John. Just don't ask for a pay raise
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Congratulations! You definitely have been hooked!

"Holy Cow! A lawyer for a moderator! No more lawyer jokes...."

How many lawyers does it take to moderate an online wood turning forum?

How many forum moderators does it take to file a lawsuit?
    Last edited by David DeCristoforo; 05-22-2010 at 11:33 PM.
    David DeCristoforo

Congrats John

Dave
    My money talks to me... It says Good Bye.

Congrats and thanks.

It seems that everyone thus far has missed one very important question... Who's getting billed for the hours Keeton spends moderating?

We have convinced John he can write his time off as volunteer work assisting criminally insane turners..........
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mioux View Post
    Congratulations on the promotion, John. Just don't ask for a pay raise
    Joe, not much in the way of pay, but I do understand there is a 150% match on the 401K, a company hunting lodge in the Rockies, a beach condo, and free health care....I just need to find the information on those.....still looking.....I know it is here somewhere.......
    Quote Originally Posted by David E Keller View Post
    Congrats and thanks.

It seems that everyone thus far has missed one very important question... Who's getting billed for the hours Keeton spends moderating?
    David, here is my philosophy on that. I make my living thinking. If I am awake, I am thinking. Thus, if I am awake, I am working...... now, let's see - who gets billed for that little gem.....!!?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    We have convinced John he can write his time off as volunteer work assisting criminally insane turners..........
    Ken, actually it would be more of a charitable cause helping some of the more raucous moderators....or, at least one, in particular!!

Well said, Kurt. I've owned a lathe 40 plus years, then like David D, about 8 weeks ago I got too close to the edge and fell in. One of the reasons for this was the posting of pictures by a "former" white collar worker named John Keaton. I've been making a living with my hands since I was a kid, too long a time. Turners Forum is teaching me how that big green thing (older var. speed Powermatic) is meant to be used. John has shown us all what true passion is and how dangerous it can be. Now that I've slipped, it feels so good it must be illegal. Gotta be. As said before, congratulations counselor/lathe master/moderator, I think.

Wow, John. Going from "just turning table legs" to Moderator in less than a year, that's like going from law student directly to the Supreme Court. Congrats, John!
    Mike Svoma

"There is nothing sexier than a woman in camoflage"

Congratulations John!

I hope moderating is as much fun as reading and posting on this site.
    G
    Change One Thing