Thread: Woodmaster 3875 Drum Sander

Woodmaster 3875 Drum Sander

Does anyone have experience with the Woodmaster 3875 38 inch 5 hp drum sander. A friend has one and likes it, but he is the only one I know who has used one. Woodmaster is having a sale - almost half off - which makes it an attractive possibility to replace my Performax... But I hate to spend the bucks having seen one for a half hour, and with only one recommendation.

Charlie,
    I have that drum sander and can't imagine doing without it. But, let me state up front, I am a hobbyist, not a professional. That said, I have had this sander for 7-8 years and use it on almost every project I do. I use it on some figured woods as a planer. athe 38" width really comes in handy when you are sanding a table top, etc. It is heavy and sturdy. Dust collection is hooked up to 6" ductwork running back to a Oneida cyclone. Works well.
    Other than adjusting the feed table and a spot of grease on the moving parts, I have done nothing to it(but use it and enjoy it).

Jim

Charlie, I have it's baby brother the 2675. I upgraded from the Delta 18/36 and the difference between the Woodmaster and Delta is like night & day.
    Mine has also been trouble free. I recommend getting the table feed reverser.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I had the 38" but sold it when a 50" came along. Great sanders!!

An option that once you have it that you would not be without is the reversing switch. Saves a lot of steps exspecially when your dialing in the depth. I like it so much that I have added the reversing switch to my Woodmaster planer/molder also.

jim
    Life is just a series of projects.........

Thanks for the encouragement. I pulled the trigger today.

You made a wise choice. I had the Performax and never got it perform well and finally made the manufacturer buy it back. I am a professional woodworker and I use my Woodmaster 3875 regularly, and it has performed flawlessly for years.