Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tools's's's Gloat

Talking Tools's's's Gloat

I am visiting in the Atlanta GA area this week and decided to take a trip to Redmond Machinery in Nunan GA. Oh ya this turned out to be a good decision, a Jet Slow Speed Wet Sander normally selling for $299.99 a cool $75.00, it has a small chip in the stone but for that price I'll work it out. I picked up two Hold Fast vacuum chucks 3.5" for $29.00 and a 6" for $34.50. Sanding rolls for my 22x44 drum sander $5.00 each. The plane camber jig for the Jet Sander $56.48 everything but the sander was 50% off retail. I think I'm going to have to ship my daughter home UPS, I'm not sure she'll fit in the car.

That is a frickin DEAL, congratz on that.

I hear the VORTEX does allow for som frugallity. There's nothing like coming across sweet deals Congrats!

Congrats, Nick. However, a true friend would have PM'd his fellow creekers and offered to pick up a few things for them!!!

What John said... I coulda used a couple of holdfasts....
    Allen
    The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
    And.... I'm located just 1,075 miles SW of Steve Schlumpf.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Congrats, Nick. However, a true friend would have PM'd his fellow creekers and offered to pick up a few things for them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen Neighbors View Post
    What John said... I coulda used a couple of holdfasts....

John, Alan
    Come on guys, as much as I would love to help you guys out, that would have meant the wife would have to go UPS also. You know I can't do that, It would jeopardized future purchases, so maybe next time I'll try to keep you both in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mastropietro View Post
    John, Alan
    Come on guys, as much as I would love to help you guys out, that would have meant the wife would have to go UPS also. You know I can't do that, It would jeopardized future purchases, so maybe next time I'll try to keep you both in mind.
    He could have rented a truck and let the wife take the daughter home, so he could drop off everyone's tools...
    UPS doesn't like shipping kids, unless you use water tight containers.
    "And remember, this fix is only temporary, unless it works." - Red Green

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Jay View Post
    He could have rented a truck and let the wife take the daughter home, so he could drop off everyone's tools...
    UPS doesn't like shipping kids, unless you use water tight containers.
    Ok Ted, so the trip wasn't so well thought out. Maybe a u-haul would have been the best option, however I didn't know about the water tight containers, they're probable cheaper than renting a u-haul round trip. No matter what the wife is riding shotgun, nobodys ruining the good thing I got. Look at it this way, no tools for me menas no tool for you.

John, use your new moderator powers to execute some justice on Nick for his inconsiderate actions in not scoring some awesome deals for us and arranging delivery.

Nick, let me be the first to tell you that YOU SUCK (despite the fact that a gloat should be accompanied by pictures). Great score!

Looks like a classic example of 'right place at the right time'! Congrats on all your new tools!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mastropietro View Post
    John, Alan

Don't they have those car-top racks, where you can strap the extra stuff on top? You'd want to put the wife facing toward the back, so she didn't get bugs in her teeth . . . .

What's the deal? You don't have to post pix in the Turner's section?

Ok, well, I just picked up a huge, um, 5hp, er, mega, aaahhhh, Southbend lathe for $20, no.... $10! Yeah, that's the ticket! And the guy sold me, no, he GAVE me these great HSS, I mean Titanium turning tools....

I drink, therefore I am.

Ok Ok enough already, I am on vacation however I will take some time out of by busy day (sunning, eating, corn holing, did I say eating?, napping) to unbox and snap pix of the stuff. Never let it be said that I'm a virtual shopper. I will produce the proof tomorrow. Oh ya, the crack about the wife eating bugs was totally uncalled for. Do you not think I would put the top cover on to protect her?

The Proof Is In

I know I'm relatively new to the Creek, but when did we as civilized people stop giving one another the benefit of the doubt. Well never mind, In an effort to satisfy the doubters among you and to protect my impeccable honor and reputation, here are the picture you have chided me to post. I trust that from this point forward my word will be considered as truth, you all do remember when a hand shake was all honorable people needed to seal a deal. Having had my say, I will forever more submit to the customs and time honored traditions of the The Creek and always post pictures with any and all future tool gloats. Never let it be said that I am an anarchist.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's the Rest

And the reciept too !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images