Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clamp Rack - Gloat

That is one cool clamp rack. I might steal the idea, but given the discussion on joinery and hinges probably modify it. My thoughts to improve it are attaching both outer boxes to the back unit by having the middle box swing left and the front box swing right. In order to do that one would have use a wider board (at least on the lower area) on the right side, and make the middle box a little narrower so it would swing past that side.

The other change i would make is to the middle box. The top shelf is supported with angle blocks, where the bottom shelf lacks the same strength. That could be provided by moving the bottom shelf up and cutting a dado on 3 sides or lengthening the sides and the bottom back piece allowing room for the same supporting wedge blocks on bottom much like the top shelf.

Good Work
    I have been wanting to re-do a small clamp rack I have in shop
    Some of these ideas may be incorporated down in semi-chilly FLA

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hutchison View Post
    Good Work I have been wanting to re-do a small clamp rack I have in shop Some of these ideas may be incorporated down in semi-chilly FLA
    Semi chilly FLA? I hope you're not referring to FL... Here's a screenshot of my local temp. Why oh why did I just buzz my hair?!?!? (Because of my ever receding hairline, that's why!!!)

I'm sure there's people here with much folder temps than this too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

More is DEFINITELY more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Dunn View Post
    Semi chilly FLA? I hope you're not referring to FL... Here's a screenshot of my local temp. Why oh why did I just buzz my hair?!?!? (Because of my ever receding hairline, that's why!!!)

I'm sure there's people here with much folder temps than this too.
    It's going all the way to 34 on Sunday Michael! Whoo Hoo!

We've been enjoying a couple weeks of warmer than normal weather here in central Texas--it was 81 on Monday, about 20 degrees above average.
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis McDonaugh View Post
    It's going all the way to 34 on Sunday Michael! Whoo Hoo! We've been enjoying a couple weeks of warmer than normal weather here in central Texas--it was 81 on Monday, about 20 degrees above average.
    Yeah buddy!!! I'll have short sleeves on that day for sure!!! Were going sledding on Saturday! I just need some new shoes and boots!
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

More is DEFINITELY more!!!

Very efficient...Good use of space.
    Jerry

Has someone posted the approximate dimensions of each box? I would like to build this, and I am sure I could derive some dimensions. Like the piano hinge additions and the different locking mechanisms. Thanks for posting, and would love some dimensions.
    Sawdust is some of the best learning material!