Thread: Loom Stand

Loom Stand

My wife asked if I would help out one of her knitting friends that needed to make a loom hand operated instead of foot pedal. After some checking, a visit to her house and seeing the loom found it to have the hand levers and not foot levers, but that she needed a stand to get the loom to the correct height for access with her wheel chair. The Kreg pocket hole jig did short work to make the connections for the stand. I talked myself out of mortise and tenon pretty fast, and the Kreg pocket hole jig did short work connecting the pieces. The wood is some of my free 1 1/16 x 2" bass wood shutter material that was given to me several years ago. I am really going to miss it when it is all gone. Some sanding and a couple of coats of thin shellac were my concession to finishing. Anyway, she is happy and the wife is happy.

Sorry I could not rotate the pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like it should do the trick. I really think that is what its all about, helping others.

I watch a thing on TV the other night about how they make the looms and that is really something.

I rotated the images for you, hope you don't mind.

IMG_4813.jpg IMG_4814.jpg

Thanks Bill. I had the pictures rotated right before they were uploaded, but then......... We all need a little help.