Thread: OH Help!

OH Help!

My Nephew is getting married in Sept. This is what they want to use as a guest book. I know, I know but it is their wedding. The problem is they asked me where they could get a piece of wood like the one in the pictures. I don't know, I live in the desert! Sagebrush here, I don't live in Texas, doesn't get that big. Anyone got any ideas where they could look?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Neat idea, shouldn't be too difficult to find someone on SMC that can get you a slice off of a log. Are they particular about the species?

"The best things in life are not things."

Thanks James, I don't know what species they want and they probably don't either. I just remembered I worked with a young lady that her Dad sells wood, hardwoods and such and also logs and mills wood. He only lives about 50 miles from us. I'm going to suggest he go there.

That is just what I was going to say Paul. Road trip to Walla Walla.

IMO you would want something with a lighter shade of wood. How old is the one you have pictured, and what does or will it look like after it has aged?
    "And remember, this fix is only temporary, unless it works." - Red Green

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES

Paul, I have a few slabs of different woods. None are round, but one may fit for Michael. Have him call, or come by if he is interested.

I have some nice round chunks of cottonwood here, ends are sealed as the tree was felled 2 weeks ago..

If all else fails, let me know, i could always cut a slice off and end and get it you..

how big is it across. I have some willow about 12 to 14 in logs that is the biggest. Maybe wood trade or somthin'

I'm guessing someone here can help you out for the price of shipping, but just in case, such things can be had on eBay, beleive it or not:

http://cgi.ebay.com/cured-Aromatic-C...item5887d9c252