Thread: powermatic 33b

powermatic 33b

Anybody have one with built in dust collection?

I am wondering how it works and does it have replaceable filters or do you just clean them out?

A little hint needed here.....

Power Feeder PF-33 or what? Sander... air cleaner?
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Sorry I didn't realize there would be different machines with the same model number. It is a stationary 6 by 48 belt sander.

Belt/disk dust collection

I have one that I just refurbished. The dust collection works great! It has the dust inlets at the end of the belt and at the shroud of the disk. A plenum carries it to the lower stand below the motor compartment. A number of soft filters clean the dust out before exiting the chamber through a grille. A belt driven off another pulley of the motor drives the centrifigal blower the power the dust on through. A warning notice gives an obvious hint to the slow thinkers: Clean out the dust before sanding metal. A pedal is provided to shake the filters allowing the dust to fall into a bottom collection pan for removal.

I don't own one but the times I have used one I was surprised at how well it worked, however I would be interested in testing what it does for the fines. The fines are what pose the greatest health risk.

AFAIK the only 33B in the PM line is indeed the sander.