I owe a formal apology to those who recommended sliders a couple of years ago when I was defending my Sawstop. I had no idea what a slider was like.

I really used my new Felder sliding saw today making a new bench.
I finally have the shop remodeled after changing from a SawStop to a Felder slider. I had to re-layout the shop, run new electricals, and redo half the dust collection system. I also built a new cantilever wood rack.
One of the last things I need is a new mobile bench/assembly table with storage underneath. In the new shop layout I need more work space. This rolling bench will be about 60" wide, 32" deep, and 34" tall. the design will use 3 sheets of 3/4" plywood, will have 21 drawers, two vises, and it will roll on Zambus leveling casters.

I chopped the three sheets into the 23 pieces I need and WOW, I the parts are perfectly square and all of each size part are exactly the same size. How square? I dialed in the crosscut fence with the 5 cut method on a 4 ft by 4ft sheet of plywood. The 4ft long piece from the 5th cut was had only a .003" difference in width from one end to the other. I think that means it would be error of .00075" on 4ft. I doubt I can repeatedly get the wood perfectly aligned to the fence every time, but if I really focus on setting each cut perfect, the cut is SQUARE. This is why I moved to a slider and I'm thrilled.

I still have space issues in the shop and I'm not sure I will keep the saw tight up against the wood rack like it is now. But wow, what performance.